Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

please help constant pain from 96 with no relief

Posted by Shannon Heffner on 7/12/01 at hrmin (052957)

I was discharged from the army in 96 diagnosed with PF but my feet don't hurt in the morning or even in my heel. My feet only hurt whey i use them, if i do nothing they don't hurt. They hurt all over, top and bottem with pins and needles and trobbin burning pain. I can't live my life that way. I was so thin and God it has changed my life. I have pain in less than 15min of walking/standing most of the time right away esp. if i had been walking a lot or doing other activities. the pain is a constant burning, all over my feet sometimes up my leg but not much. My hands sometimes have the same pain. I did some research and think that i may have tarsal tunnel syndrome and have made an EMG appointment this month to see.
Is there a cure? Will i ever be pain free? I have done everything sort of surgery for possible PF nothing worked except staying off my feet but who can really do that? I even tried covering the pain with meds but the side effects were so much worse. I just don't want to have pain. I want to have my normal life again. after reading some messages on this board i have become very worried that i will always have pain. Is there anyone out there who is pain free? I need hope very badly.
please help
shannon

Re: please help constant pain from 96 with no relief

BrianG on 7/13/01 at 19:17 (053069)

Hi Shannon,

The burning pain sounds more like you might have something like Fibromialgia, or another nerve type problem. Especially as you have pain in your hands also. I see you left your e-mail address in your message. I'll send you a few thoughts off line concerning pain control. It's not right that we should suffer like this, is it !!!! Good luck

BCG

SusieP on 7/23/01 at hrmin (054004)

I wish I had some encouraging words, maybe being able to talk with others who suffer the same things, I don't know. My pain and symptoms are identical to yours, except for the hands, I have no pain there. I am relatively new to this, my pain started in Sept. 2000. My doctor also said that it was plantar fasciitis, then I was referred to a podiatrist, and she said the same thing. After trying Vioxx and Celebrex and PowerStep inserts, I still had pain, even worse at times. She referred me to a physical therapist. On my first visit with her, she says I have Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. I have been taking iotophoresis treatments for about two weeks, with some relief. I would love to hear from you. My e-mail is: spresley@scott.k12.ky.us

BrianG on 7/13/01 at 19:17 (053069)

Hi Shannon,

The burning pain sounds more like you might have something like Fibromialgia, or another nerve type problem. Especially as you have pain in your hands also. I see you left your e-mail address in your message. I'll send you a few thoughts off line concerning pain control. It's not right that we should suffer like this, is it !!!! Good luck

BCG

SusieP on 7/23/01 at hrmin (054004)

I wish I had some encouraging words, maybe being able to talk with others who suffer the same things, I don't know. My pain and symptoms are identical to yours, except for the hands, I have no pain there. I am relatively new to this, my pain started in Sept. 2000. My doctor also said that it was plantar fasciitis, then I was referred to a podiatrist, and she said the same thing. After trying Vioxx and Celebrex and PowerStep inserts, I still had pain, even worse at times. She referred me to a physical therapist. On my first visit with her, she says I have Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. I have been taking iotophoresis treatments for about two weeks, with some relief. I would love to hear from you. My e-mail is: spresley@scott.k12.ky.us