Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Lipomas

Posted by Patti on 7/12/01 at hrmin (052973)

hello....was wondering if you could give me a little help. I have had 5 surgeries on my ankles for lipomas.. now I think I have two more. Is there anything I can do to prevent this again? Everyone says no...that's it's just in my chemistry. I recently went to a podiatrist for this again....and he did a MRI and then sent me for second opinion. The second Dr confirmed it was a lipoma. Now the first Dr is saying maybe my muscles are just swollen then he shot cortizone into them...it hasn't gotten any better.,in fact, it is worse and I;m not sure I trust the first doctor still. I really need some help here. I usually always trust my Dr., but now i am starting to wonder if he knows what he is doing... or is just afraid to do the suurgery! Thank you for your time

Re: Lipomas

Dr. Biehler on 7/12/01 at 20:47 (052984)

The MRI should be able to show if it is a lipoma or a swollen muscle. Dr. B.

Patti on 7/15/01 at hrmin (053250)

ok..i understand that.. but...one dr says it is...and one says it's not.. time for another opinion?

Dr. Biehler on 7/12/01 at 20:47 (052984)

The MRI should be able to show if it is a lipoma or a swollen muscle. Dr. B.

Patti on 7/15/01 at hrmin (053250)

ok..i understand that.. but...one dr says it is...and one says it's not.. time for another opinion?