Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

accupuncture

Posted by Marj S on 7/12/01 at hrmin (052994)

What about accupuncture for heel spur pain? How do you go about finding an accupuncturist?

Re: accupuncture

Susan on 7/14/01 at hrmin (053152)

Hi Marj.
Its interesting that you have not gotten a response to your question about accupuncture. I myself have been wondering the same thing. My friends husband is a chiropractor and accupuncturist and she keeps telling me to try it. After 8 physical therapy sessions for PF with little improvement I am considering it. I guess not too many people have tried it so no responses. Susan.

Julie on 7/14/01 at 15:17 (053160)

Acupuncture works to clear the meridians - the channels along which energy flows - of blockages so that energy can flow freely. It works holistically (i.e. on the whole system) to improve circulation as well as energy flow. That is the main way in which it could, theoretically, aid in the healing of pf. It can also be used to relieve pain. It's certainly worth a try.

Susan on 7/14/01 at hrmin (053152)

Hi Marj.
Its interesting that you have not gotten a response to your question about accupuncture. I myself have been wondering the same thing. My friends husband is a chiropractor and accupuncturist and she keeps telling me to try it. After 8 physical therapy sessions for PF with little improvement I am considering it. I guess not too many people have tried it so no responses. Susan.

Julie on 7/14/01 at 15:17 (053160)

Acupuncture works to clear the meridians - the channels along which energy flows - of blockages so that energy can flow freely. It works holistically (i.e. on the whole system) to improve circulation as well as energy flow. That is the main way in which it could, theoretically, aid in the healing of pf. It can also be used to relieve pain. It's certainly worth a try.