Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

lipoma ? not sure..

Posted by sunflower on 7/12/01 at hrmin (052995)

ON JULY 2, 2001 I HAD MY SECOND FOOT SURGERY.ON MY RIGHT FOOT, ON THE BOTTOM OF MY HEEL THERE WAS A MARK RESEMBLING A BRUISE I ASSUME IS A BLOOD CLOT OR SOMETHING.AND MY WHOLE HEEL IS SWOLLEN TWICE THE SIZE IT SHOULD BE. NOW I HAD SURGERY FOR THE 1ST TIME ABOUT 1 AND A HALF YEARS AGO.THE DR'S HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS. NOTHING SHOWED UP ON X-RAYS. SO THE DOC DID A BIOPSY.STILL HAD NO IDEA.ABOUT 6 MONTHS AFTER THE 1ST SURGERY, IT WAS BACK.AGAIN THE BLUE MARK AND SWELLING.AND CANT WALK ON IT, TOO PAINFUL.WHEN EVER I LIFT MY FOOT, IT FEELS LIKE MY HEEL IS DROPPING...HURTS BAD. SO AGAIN, BACK TO DR. NOTHING ON XRAYS.HAVE 2ND SURGERY. NOW I HAVE A MEDICAL PAPER AND HAS ON IT AS DIAGOSIS, PRIMARY, LIPOMA- R.HEEL.I NEVER NOTICED THAT UNTIL NOW SO I COULDNT ASK WHAT IT WAS.IM NOW ON CRUTCHES,2ND TIME, FOR 2 AND A HALF MONTHS. CAN ANYONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT LIPOMA IS OR WHAT I MIGHT HAVE?I LOOKED LIPOMA UP AND IT SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE WHAT I HAVE.I THINK MY DR IS GUESSING CAUSE HE DOESNT KNOW....? HELP ME?

Re: lipoma ? not sure..

Julie on 7/13/01 at 15:41 (053057)

A lipoma is a non-malignant accumulation of fatty tissue. They are harmless, but if they are in a spot where they are causing pain, as I imagine they would in a foot, I suppose surgical removal would be a good idea?

But I hope one of the doctors will answer.

Re: lipoma ? not sure..

Julie on 7/13/01 at 15:41 (053057)

A lipoma is a non-malignant accumulation of fatty tissue. They are harmless, but if they are in a spot where they are causing pain, as I imagine they would in a foot, I suppose surgical removal would be a good idea?

But I hope one of the doctors will answer.