Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Progress report

Posted by Rick on 7/13/01 at 02:58 (053016)

Hi
I have read, with sympathy, some of the recent posts to this newsgroup. In comparison my difficulties pale. However, in case you're interested:
I'm almost 7 weeks post TT surgery to my left foot. As the stitches broke and the incision opened, my recovery, in terms of the condition of the wound, has been slow. I'm still using betadine swabs and a dressing as the wound is still healing. Can't get it wet yet.
But every day is better than the last. I have some confidence that the surgery has been successful. My right foot has the same problem and, when standing for a considerable time yesterday, I was aware of burning / pain / pressure in the sole of my right foot - but not the left.
The pain in my left foot is minor and centred around the wound site. The ankle is still 'tight'but the flex is slowly increasing.
I'm able to walk at near normal pace for a couple of hundred metres and have found that I can cycle for half an hour without problems.
At this stage I expect to return to work in a week and a half, but probably in sandals.
Regards
Rick

Re: Progress report

Diana J on 7/27/01 at 19:55 (054579)

Gee,
I feel lucky - my inscision has healed in two weeks and the sutures were internal with dissolvable thread. I have about 6 little tapes there still across the wound, I think they are glued on. The doc said to go ahead and start taking regular showers and wahing them though, so I am glad about that. I guess it all depends on how the surgeon does the closing.

Re: Progress report

Diana J on 7/27/01 at 19:55 (054579)

Gee,
I feel lucky - my inscision has healed in two weeks and the sutures were internal with dissolvable thread. I have about 6 little tapes there still across the wound, I think they are glued on. The doc said to go ahead and start taking regular showers and wahing them though, so I am glad about that. I guess it all depends on how the surgeon does the closing.