Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

horrible new pain --what's THIS?!!

Posted by Mary De on 7/14/01 at hrmin (053096)

I've developed an interesting secondary symptom: severe knee pain on occasion. The knee pain is odd -- never had this before. It's in the left knee (my PF is mostly right foot). It's an outer muscle, not in the joint. I guess it's a spasm? Comes totally without warning. On the pain scale from 1 to 10, it's a 27. Excruciating. Lasts a few seconds (seems longer). Goes away. Knee is fine. Then happens again. First time, it happened about 3x in sequence. I was standing, and knee buckled -- almost fell. Then nothing for about 5 days. Second time (couple days ago), pain hit about a dozen times over 45 mins. I was driving most of that time -- scary. But was on a slow, mostly deserted country road. This would be very bad to have happen on the freeway, in high-speed traffic. I would've likely crashed. Since discovered that if I can just breathe thru it and keep my focus, I don't necessarily have to drive off the road.

My guess is that I've been shifting weight over to the less affected left foot (for PF), but the knee muscle doesn't have the strength to take the stress? Dammit, this the last thing I need now.

Has anyone else had this? Doctors, any suggestions as to what it is and what I should do about it? I've been putting Jade Balm on my knee the last couple nights (I'm in the trial). So far, so good. But of course, I can't really tell if it's helping, until the pain fails to reappear.

Thanks so much,
Mary De

Re: horrible new pain --what's THIS?!!

lYNN on 7/19/01 at 08:29 (053695)

i HAVE THE EXACT SAME PAIN--IN THE OPPOSITE LEG--i'M GOING TO THE DR TODAY AND WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAYS

Re: horrible new pain --what's THIS?!!

lYNN on 7/19/01 at 08:29 (053695)

i HAVE THE EXACT SAME PAIN--IN THE OPPOSITE LEG--i'M GOING TO THE DR TODAY AND WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAYS