Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am wondering if?

Posted by Tammie on 7/14/01 at hrmin (053123)

Hello,
I am wondering if being 12 week post op from pf release and spur filed, if I should still consider this tingling and electrical sensation still within the norms? I am a bit worried as now it seems to have moved to more of a area on the foot along with some inside ankle throbbing,also I have this darn itching feeling sometimes like I need to itch it then it hurts. I have always related some itching to healing but am a bit concerned as this might or might not still be ok? I just dont want to work myself up for nothing lol!Thanks for any help you might be able to give me! I had a bothersome last few days and nights and I am really getting frustrated! Thank you!

Re: Are you ignoring me lol ? Or trying to tell me all ok keep working on patience!

Tammie on 7/16/01 at 10:05 (053343)

I am sorry, I cant help but have worries you know as surgery is last stop right? And so many have gotton to return to work and it is almost 13 weeks and well things dont feel better yet and so forth the worries, sometimes reading this board makes the little doubt man start in overdrive. I try to start pereparing myself for the worse and hope for the best! I am frightened as the dr. said if was not better the next visit he would think about exploring other treatments, as he would not consider it the effects of healing anymore and I am scared as he said one would be a shot of cortisone , I have alsready had 3 of those for the heel problem in march april, and I see him Aug 1 so it is getting closer and no better so my mind is working , sorry I really am>

Re: Are you ignoring me lol ? Or trying to tell me all ok keep working on patience!

Julie on 7/17/01 at 02:23 (053439)

Tammie, don't be sorry: you can't help your worries and it's ok to express them. Be patient with the docs and give them time - they're busy docs, and have lots to do besides read these ever-lengthening message boards (there have been 120-some since I logged off yesterday afternoon: it does take quite a lot of time to keep up with them and think what to say and I'm not even a doc).

And I probably shouldn't say anything, because there are few things more misguided than uninformed reassurance (I know how I felt when I had cancer and people told me 'everything will be all right'). But I do remember that Dr Zuckerman has said many, many times that healing times will vary according to the patient and the type of surgery that is done. Some will fully weight-bearing and active in a few weeks, others will take six months to a year.

So I really don't think you should be panicking at 13 weeks.

As for the throbbing and the tingling, I would rather a doctor commented, but (an uninformed reassurance) I'd guess they happen quite a lot. Remember that with any surgery, ikt's not just that skin is being cut: muscles and nerves are being pushed around and can take time to settle down. (I still get occasional little tingling twinges in my armpit and the underside of my arm and it's almost eight years since my surgery).

If anything I've said to you is wrong, I'm sure a doctor will correct me.

Re: Re:Thank u Julie

Tammie on 7/17/01 at 07:56 (053454)

Thank you for taking the time for me Julie, I do understand about the varies of healing time I really do. But I am more worried because this feelings in the foot are different and have moved to more of the foot area. Also the fact that if my hubby and I remember correctly the dr. had said if by next apt. it is not improved he would explore other things as he would feel it is not the healing , when I asked what that would entail he had replied (not further tests) cortisone shots, pt that frightened me as it will be time to see him in a bout a week and a half and I know it has not improved and I am doubtful of improvement in that amount of time,(tho I could be wrong) And since I don't comunicate the best with the dr. or he with me, I am concerened with leaving it go to long without nipping in the bud if it were something other then the normal healing process! I don't like the wait game. It did'nt work before the surgery.I worked with the pf and never taking time to let it have a chance of healing and telling me to work the damage had been done (makes me leary ) of his treatment . I worked for months walking on my toes and top of foot I begged him to do something anything to help the pain , he did what he could but he did not recomend what I have seen here( the time to rest it) Maybe would have helped maybe not but it makes me wonder about his treatments. That is what makes me worry about my foot,if it is not the healing process when would the time to find out if something else is going on? How long should I wait? Should I return to work with thease type of symtoms? I do'nt know the answers, I am not sure he will eitherI am afraid when I go in with this again ,which I have voiced before the surgery, still am telling him about the tingling the shocking feelings how it is so bad at night sometimes cannot sleep, I hate for things to touch it . He will say ok lets give u a shot of cortisone and then send me to pt and tell me to return to work, as he seemed like well most return at about 4 to 8 weeks with this surgery but with your work we would keep you out for 12 well we are past that and I dont want to do anything to hurt my foot after all of this, but if I go back for a day and find out something is not right I can't go back on a paid disability leave either,as when he signs me off It is done! I know I would prefer to return to work and would not give a second thought as long as I know it will continue to heal and I will not be looking at more surgery or more troubles! So again I thank you for listening to my pleas! I really do feel uncomfortable posting like this as if you only knew me you would know this is NOT me. I need and I want to get my foot back so that I can return to work I stress myself out worring about when I can return, and somedays the thoughts come what if I do and I cant do my job the one that makes my life the way it is . I love making people happy I love caring for the elderly they depend on me It is so very hard to keep help in thease facilities, so very hard on them, do u know I am the one who would go the extra mile without pay, often I would work over time or go in earlier than my shift so that I could take extra time with them making them feel pretty before the rush, I have while I have been home, my hubby had told dr. he told me NO more to much! Visit and sit and rest the foot that is all. That was a while back, I can't sit that is not me so I have stayed away some what more. I dont care if I am paid to help thease people I love my work someday we all maybe there and I want to know there are some that care! A part of me is missing now, I feel sad and worried about my absence,I will not lie I do need the finances also but know the importance of having good feet! Thank u for listening and not making me feel like I am a nutcase even if I am lol! This to shall pass I just ask for the help to get thru it and in meantime hope that I can help others in my time. (((( a big hug to u)))) And hoping that you have a wonderful sunny day! I apoligize for the long posts!

Tammie on 7/16/01 at 10:05 (053343)

I am sorry, I cant help but have worries you know as surgery is last stop right? And so many have gotton to return to work and it is almost 13 weeks and well things dont feel better yet and so forth the worries, sometimes reading this board makes the little doubt man start in overdrive. I try to start pereparing myself for the worse and hope for the best! I am frightened as the dr. said if was not better the next visit he would think about exploring other treatments, as he would not consider it the effects of healing anymore and I am scared as he said one would be a shot of cortisone , I have alsready had 3 of those for the heel problem in march april, and I see him Aug 1 so it is getting closer and no better so my mind is working , sorry I really am>

Julie on 7/17/01 at 02:23 (053439)

Tammie, don't be sorry: you can't help your worries and it's ok to express them. Be patient with the docs and give them time - they're busy docs, and have lots to do besides read these ever-lengthening message boards (there have been 120-some since I logged off yesterday afternoon: it does take quite a lot of time to keep up with them and think what to say and I'm not even a doc).

And I probably shouldn't say anything, because there are few things more misguided than uninformed reassurance (I know how I felt when I had cancer and people told me 'everything will be all right'). But I do remember that Dr Zuckerman has said many, many times that healing times will vary according to the patient and the type of surgery that is done. Some will fully weight-bearing and active in a few weeks, others will take six months to a year.

So I really don't think you should be panicking at 13 weeks.

As for the throbbing and the tingling, I would rather a doctor commented, but (an uninformed reassurance) I'd guess they happen quite a lot. Remember that with any surgery, ikt's not just that skin is being cut: muscles and nerves are being pushed around and can take time to settle down. (I still get occasional little tingling twinges in my armpit and the underside of my arm and it's almost eight years since my surgery).

If anything I've said to you is wrong, I'm sure a doctor will correct me.

Re: Re:Thank u Julie

Tammie on 7/17/01 at 07:56 (053454)

Thank you for taking the time for me Julie, I do understand about the varies of healing time I really do. But I am more worried because this feelings in the foot are different and have moved to more of the foot area. Also the fact that if my hubby and I remember correctly the dr. had said if by next apt. it is not improved he would explore other things as he would feel it is not the healing , when I asked what that would entail he had replied (not further tests) cortisone shots, pt that frightened me as it will be time to see him in a bout a week and a half and I know it has not improved and I am doubtful of improvement in that amount of time,(tho I could be wrong) And since I don't comunicate the best with the dr. or he with me, I am concerened with leaving it go to long without nipping in the bud if it were something other then the normal healing process! I don't like the wait game. It did'nt work before the surgery.I worked with the pf and never taking time to let it have a chance of healing and telling me to work the damage had been done (makes me leary ) of his treatment . I worked for months walking on my toes and top of foot I begged him to do something anything to help the pain , he did what he could but he did not recomend what I have seen here( the time to rest it) Maybe would have helped maybe not but it makes me wonder about his treatments. That is what makes me worry about my foot,if it is not the healing process when would the time to find out if something else is going on? How long should I wait? Should I return to work with thease type of symtoms? I do'nt know the answers, I am not sure he will eitherI am afraid when I go in with this again ,which I have voiced before the surgery, still am telling him about the tingling the shocking feelings how it is so bad at night sometimes cannot sleep, I hate for things to touch it . He will say ok lets give u a shot of cortisone and then send me to pt and tell me to return to work, as he seemed like well most return at about 4 to 8 weeks with this surgery but with your work we would keep you out for 12 well we are past that and I dont want to do anything to hurt my foot after all of this, but if I go back for a day and find out something is not right I can't go back on a paid disability leave either,as when he signs me off It is done! I know I would prefer to return to work and would not give a second thought as long as I know it will continue to heal and I will not be looking at more surgery or more troubles! So again I thank you for listening to my pleas! I really do feel uncomfortable posting like this as if you only knew me you would know this is NOT me. I need and I want to get my foot back so that I can return to work I stress myself out worring about when I can return, and somedays the thoughts come what if I do and I cant do my job the one that makes my life the way it is . I love making people happy I love caring for the elderly they depend on me It is so very hard to keep help in thease facilities, so very hard on them, do u know I am the one who would go the extra mile without pay, often I would work over time or go in earlier than my shift so that I could take extra time with them making them feel pretty before the rush, I have while I have been home, my hubby had told dr. he told me NO more to much! Visit and sit and rest the foot that is all. That was a while back, I can't sit that is not me so I have stayed away some what more. I dont care if I am paid to help thease people I love my work someday we all maybe there and I want to know there are some that care! A part of me is missing now, I feel sad and worried about my absence,I will not lie I do need the finances also but know the importance of having good feet! Thank u for listening and not making me feel like I am a nutcase even if I am lol! This to shall pass I just ask for the help to get thru it and in meantime hope that I can help others in my time. (((( a big hug to u)))) And hoping that you have a wonderful sunny day! I apoligize for the long posts!