Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good spells are too shortly lived! Another setback... Oh well...

Posted by Beverly on 7/14/01 at 14:26 (053153)

Just when I was praising the wonders of my new orthodics and how much better I am doing, wouldn't you know it would be short lived!

I have no idea what caused this, but I was just sitting on the recliner doing ice and heat and felt sudden pain in my arch yesterday. I'm back to limping. This is the first time this has happened on this scale in almost a year. It's always in the arch.
I don't panic over these setbacks like I used to, but they are depressing.
Taking it easy.

Dr. Z. doesn't think I'm a good canidate for EWST. (Pain sites not specific enough.)

I guess I'm gonna have to give up Mexican food and get more serious about my diet. I have a hard time sticking to it... especially in social settings. I'm not fat but I sure could benefit from loosing 20 pounds. Okay, it would not hurt me to loose 30 pounds. At 30 pounds, I'd be 'petite.' Sure is harder to take off, now that I'm on the other side of 40!

Hope you all are having a good weekend. Off to do something mindless... to see 'Cats and Dogs.' As a dog lover, I'm happy to see 'cat propaganda!'

See ya,
Beverly

Re: Good spells are too shortly lived! Another setback... Oh well...

Laurie R on 7/14/01 at 16:29 (053170)

Hi Beverly , I am soo sorry to hear that you had a setback. That is such the norm with these foot problems . It happens to me all the time. I think I am so used to it too. But it can get you down when it happends. My foot has been very,very , painful for a while now. It is so up and down.

My mom took my youngest daughter to see Cats and Dogs ,they loved it.

I hope this setback goes away fast for you.. I really think sometimes that I'm going to be a lifer with this foot problem ...

I hope you enjoy the movie. My very best to you Beverly , Laurie R

john h on 7/14/01 at 19:08 (053193)

bev: my wife is going to drag me to cats and dogs and i want to go to a war picture.

Lori E. on 7/14/01 at 21:14 (053214)

Beverly,
You may want to try cutting out most simple carbs first and try to also stop drinking carbonated drinks to start out. I don't know what you have done with your diet so far.
Also make sure you are getting enough protein so that your body has some building blocks to work with. Sorry you had a set back. Good luck.

nancy s. on 7/16/01 at 00:38 (053309)

beverly, the weekend has gone by now, and is your setback showing any signs of departing? i hope so! how was 'cats and dogs'? i haven't even heard of this movie, and i love animals, so i'd really like to know if it's worth seeing.
take care,
nancy

Beverly on 7/17/01 at 15:47 (053513)

Thanks for all your kind words. I'm a little better... not back to normal or my PF version of 'normal.' Saw massage therapist today and she says I'm less crunchy in the arch than last week... gotta be a good sign.

My movie buddy had a change of plans; so I can't give a commentary of 'Cats and Dogs.'

The hardest thing is when I'm doing a little better, there are always so many things I want to do. You'd think after all this time, I'd have learned my lesson and I'm getting better at pacing myself but I still fall prey to temptation.

Just trying to stay in the a/c. You can't imagine how hot it is right now in Texas.
Thanks,
Beverly

Laurie R on 7/14/01 at 16:29 (053170)

Hi Beverly , I am soo sorry to hear that you had a setback. That is such the norm with these foot problems . It happens to me all the time. I think I am so used to it too. But it can get you down when it happends. My foot has been very,very , painful for a while now. It is so up and down.

My mom took my youngest daughter to see Cats and Dogs ,they loved it.

I hope this setback goes away fast for you.. I really think sometimes that I'm going to be a lifer with this foot problem ...

I hope you enjoy the movie. My very best to you Beverly , Laurie R

john h on 7/14/01 at 19:08 (053193)

bev: my wife is going to drag me to cats and dogs and i want to go to a war picture.

Lori E. on 7/14/01 at 21:14 (053214)

Beverly,
You may want to try cutting out most simple carbs first and try to also stop drinking carbonated drinks to start out. I don't know what you have done with your diet so far.
Also make sure you are getting enough protein so that your body has some building blocks to work with. Sorry you had a set back. Good luck.

nancy s. on 7/16/01 at 00:38 (053309)

beverly, the weekend has gone by now, and is your setback showing any signs of departing? i hope so! how was 'cats and dogs'? i haven't even heard of this movie, and i love animals, so i'd really like to know if it's worth seeing.
take care,
nancy

Beverly on 7/17/01 at 15:47 (053513)

Thanks for all your kind words. I'm a little better... not back to normal or my PF version of 'normal.' Saw massage therapist today and she says I'm less crunchy in the arch than last week... gotta be a good sign.

My movie buddy had a change of plans; so I can't give a commentary of 'Cats and Dogs.'

The hardest thing is when I'm doing a little better, there are always so many things I want to do. You'd think after all this time, I'd have learned my lesson and I'm getting better at pacing myself but I still fall prey to temptation.

Just trying to stay in the a/c. You can't imagine how hot it is right now in Texas.
Thanks,
Beverly