Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

CORTISONE SHOTS

Posted by KELS on 7/14/01 at 17:26 (053176)

I just got a cortisone shot in between my second and third toe, because the two bones are too close together and they irritated the nerves of my foot. My foot still aches, and I can't walk normally without pain. The pain is different than what it was before I got the shot. I got the shot 3 days ago--is it normal to still be having pain of any kind??

Re: I forgot to mention........

KELS on 7/14/01 at 17:31 (053177)

MY DOCTOR SAID I WOULD BE ALLOWED TO RUN IN 10-14 DAYS. IS IT NORMAL FOR THE PAIN FROM THE SHOT TO TAKE MORE THAN A COUPLE DAYS TO GO AWAY?

Re: CORTISONE SHOTS

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/14/01 at 17:55 (053180)

Local Steriod injections can do one of three things

1. Make the area feel great right away
2. Hurt for a few days and then get better
3. Do nothing at all.

I have seen in some very rare cases the foot worse off after the injection

Your foot is getting better. I like hot soaks, rest, padding on the bottom of the foot to support the bones aways from the pinch nerve and no bare feet

Marlene R/ on 7/15/01 at 16:12 (053269)

I have tried strapping my feet, exercise, icing, one cortisone injection, and now I have orthodics. I have had the orthodics for four days. When can I expect some relief? Also, the doctor put me on anti-inflammatory medication in the beginning.

Re: I forgot to mention........

KELS on 7/14/01 at 17:31 (053177)

MY DOCTOR SAID I WOULD BE ALLOWED TO RUN IN 10-14 DAYS. IS IT NORMAL FOR THE PAIN FROM THE SHOT TO TAKE MORE THAN A COUPLE DAYS TO GO AWAY?

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/14/01 at 17:55 (053180)

Local Steriod injections can do one of three things

1. Make the area feel great right away
2. Hurt for a few days and then get better
3. Do nothing at all.

I have seen in some very rare cases the foot worse off after the injection

Your foot is getting better. I like hot soaks, rest, padding on the bottom of the foot to support the bones aways from the pinch nerve and no bare feet

Marlene R/ on 7/15/01 at 16:12 (053269)

I have tried strapping my feet, exercise, icing, one cortisone injection, and now I have orthodics. I have had the orthodics for four days. When can I expect some relief? Also, the doctor put me on anti-inflammatory medication in the beginning.