Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pf and back pain

Posted by gilbert on 7/14/01 at 19:13 (053195)

I have been having lower back pain recently that radiates into my butt and down to my calf. My arches and heels have been hurting for about a year. My pod thinks I have pf and possibly some TTS. I'm wondering if a herniated disk could be causing all my problems. What should I do? Thanks.

Re: pf and back pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/14/01 at 20:29 (053206)

Sure could you need to have an EMG and or MRI of the lower back.

Julie on 7/15/01 at 02:49 (053226)

Gilbert, it could be a factor. The symptoms you describe are typical of sciatica - impingement of a prolapsed disc on the sciatic nerve, which travels down the back of the leg and ends (I think) in mid-foot. It can certainly cause heel pain - it was the cause of mine, almost a year ago. My pod was of the view that a great many cases of pf begin in this way, and yours should be aware of this possibility.

Do have the tests Dr Z mentions. Have you seen a chiropractor about your back? It's possible that chiropractic treatment could take care of the source of your foot problems, if it is the source - and even if it isn't, it could sort your back out.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/15/01 at 08:39 (053234)

Yes Chirpractic care could do alot for you !!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/14/01 at 20:29 (053206)

Sure could you need to have an EMG and or MRI of the lower back.

Julie on 7/15/01 at 02:49 (053226)

Gilbert, it could be a factor. The symptoms you describe are typical of sciatica - impingement of a prolapsed disc on the sciatic nerve, which travels down the back of the leg and ends (I think) in mid-foot. It can certainly cause heel pain - it was the cause of mine, almost a year ago. My pod was of the view that a great many cases of pf begin in this way, and yours should be aware of this possibility.

Do have the tests Dr Z mentions. Have you seen a chiropractor about your back? It's possible that chiropractic treatment could take care of the source of your foot problems, if it is the source - and even if it isn't, it could sort your back out.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/15/01 at 08:39 (053234)

Yes Chirpractic care could do alot for you !!!!