Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New Pain

Posted by Tammy M on 7/14/01 at 20:36 (053208)

Hey Everyone...I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this new kind of pain. I've had PF for about 18 months now, and so far the pain has all been on the bottom of my foot. At first it was in the heel only, then moved up along the arch, to the ball of my foot. A couple of weeks ago I spent a weekend doing some much loved lake swimming (sooooo nice to do something not involving walking on my feet!!!). The next day I started paying for it, though. I could not step off my right foot. Normally I am walking on the ball of my foot, creating a rather odd limpy walk, but suddenly I am unable to bend my toes (big toe in particular) to step off my foot. Does this make any sense? It has now been 2 wks, so it cannot be from the swimming, not this long. It is almost as though my big toe has seized up, and I have a bad pain running down the TOP of my foot. It really hurts to bend my foot up and point my big toe toward me. Sound familiar????

Re: Many kinds of pain

Carmen H on 7/17/01 at 13:18 (053488)

I am noooo expert by any means but if you have been walking around on the ball of your foot due to PF do you think it eventually has worn down the resistance and strength in your toes to cause these pains? Or if it has travelled from your heel to your arch to the ball of your foot wouldn't it make sense if it did complete it's crazy course of pain and ended up in your toes referring pain to the top of your foot as well? Also you never know if something you do differently will hurt now or later. You may just have had a delayed reaction to a new exercise?

Mine is an unpredictable pain...I never know (besides the bottom) where it will strike next. Sometimes the top of my foot hurts so bad I want to scream....and one or two toes will hurt for a second and then it's back to the ol' arch again. I know that if I don't do overall massaging and stretching I experience all kinds of strange pain. I hope you find relief....

Re: Many kinds of pain

Carmen H on 7/17/01 at 13:18 (053488)

I am noooo expert by any means but if you have been walking around on the ball of your foot due to PF do you think it eventually has worn down the resistance and strength in your toes to cause these pains? Or if it has travelled from your heel to your arch to the ball of your foot wouldn't it make sense if it did complete it's crazy course of pain and ended up in your toes referring pain to the top of your foot as well? Also you never know if something you do differently will hurt now or later. You may just have had a delayed reaction to a new exercise?

Mine is an unpredictable pain...I never know (besides the bottom) where it will strike next. Sometimes the top of my foot hurts so bad I want to scream....and one or two toes will hurt for a second and then it's back to the ol' arch again. I know that if I don't do overall massaging and stretching I experience all kinds of strange pain. I hope you find relief....