Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fluid Retention??

Posted by Tammy Miles on 7/14/01 at 20:59 (053212)

This may be a silly question: would fluid retention have an affect on PF? Some days my ankles are really swollen and my feet feel like they are going to explode. Sometimes it seems worse around 'that time of the month'(sorry,guys) and my PF pain soars. I try to drink extra water. Anyone else like this?

Re: Fluid Retention??

wendyn on 7/14/01 at 21:23 (053217)

Tammy - this has come up numerous times on this board so don't apologize! Many people notice a connection - could be anything from water retention to a lower pain tolerance once a month.

ellen w on 7/16/01 at 08:43 (053332)

Hi Tammie
I have found that the swelling in my feet problem has gotten significantly better (at all times of the month!) since I stopped drinking carbonated sodas. There are a number of posts on this topic -- you might want to do a search.
ellen

Re: Fluid Retention??oops,do u think this is me

Tammie on 7/16/01 at 09:50 (053339)

Hi ellen there are several Tammys lately, I am Tammie ,( tho really Tammy to ) lol but when I strted posting there was another Tammy oh how confusing lol. Any ways I thought you might have meant me as I had posted a bit ago that I drink alot of diet soda lol-and this post above is not me lol oh my maybe I am making this worse, lol I just seen the poster as Tammy and I seen your reply to Tammie lol and wondered if you thought we were the same person ? LOl Take care and I do understand about the soda as most of them have much sodium in them which can cause edema,But I hope this might help Tammy above to LOL!

Tammy, forgive me for butting in here lol, as we have the same names! And really when I do not post my name is spelled Tammy and ocasionaly I forget and put the right spelling lol! I am laughing cause I reread this post and think I am a compete nut here! Nice to meet you Tammy and ellen is a wonderful person withvery good knowledge of the foot problems! As well as many others here! This is a place where allot of knowledge is shared.

Now to both of you, I am sorry if I should not have said anything, I just thought maybe if I didnt maybe we would be confused.

Tammy M on 7/18/01 at 13:57 (053591)

Hey Tammie...nice to meet you on-line!!! Nice to chat with all the Tam's ou there. It seems we have more in common than just our name, ie. these damn(oops-darn!)feet!

Re: ReHi

Tammie on 7/18/01 at 19:57 (053628)

Hello to you to! Unfortuantly yes we do have that in common also! How is it going for you? It gets to be more then a pain huh? This is a great place to come and sometimes the imformation is overwelming and sometimes it is perfect, but what keeps us coming back? It is the friendships we make here the bonds that we seal . because in one way or another we all understand the thoughts and feelings the worries the treatments, the good Dr.s and the bad lol so we keep coming back ! Welcome and I do hope you stick around and ask any questions or voice any concerns as there are so many helpful people here!!!!!!! Hugs to you sister, lol names and heels hmmmm how interesting!

wendyn on 7/14/01 at 21:23 (053217)

Tammy - this has come up numerous times on this board so don't apologize! Many people notice a connection - could be anything from water retention to a lower pain tolerance once a month.

ellen w on 7/16/01 at 08:43 (053332)

Hi Tammie
I have found that the swelling in my feet problem has gotten significantly better (at all times of the month!) since I stopped drinking carbonated sodas. There are a number of posts on this topic -- you might want to do a search.
ellen

Tammie on 7/16/01 at 09:50 (053339)

Hi ellen there are several Tammys lately, I am Tammie ,( tho really Tammy to ) lol but when I strted posting there was another Tammy oh how confusing lol. Any ways I thought you might have meant me as I had posted a bit ago that I drink alot of diet soda lol-and this post above is not me lol oh my maybe I am making this worse, lol I just seen the poster as Tammy and I seen your reply to Tammie lol and wondered if you thought we were the same person ? LOl Take care and I do understand about the soda as most of them have much sodium in them which can cause edema,But I hope this might help Tammy above to LOL!

Tammy, forgive me for butting in here lol, as we have the same names! And really when I do not post my name is spelled Tammy and ocasionaly I forget and put the right spelling lol! I am laughing cause I reread this post and think I am a compete nut here! Nice to meet you Tammy and ellen is a wonderful person withvery good knowledge of the foot problems! As well as many others here! This is a place where allot of knowledge is shared.

Now to both of you, I am sorry if I should not have said anything, I just thought maybe if I didnt maybe we would be confused.

Tammy M on 7/18/01 at 13:57 (053591)

Hey Tammie...nice to meet you on-line!!! Nice to chat with all the Tam's ou there. It seems we have more in common than just our name, ie. these damn(oops-darn!)feet!

Re: ReHi

Tammie on 7/18/01 at 19:57 (053628)

Hello to you to! Unfortuantly yes we do have that in common also! How is it going for you? It gets to be more then a pain huh? This is a great place to come and sometimes the imformation is overwelming and sometimes it is perfect, but what keeps us coming back? It is the friendships we make here the bonds that we seal . because in one way or another we all understand the thoughts and feelings the worries the treatments, the good Dr.s and the bad lol so we keep coming back ! Welcome and I do hope you stick around and ask any questions or voice any concerns as there are so many helpful people here!!!!!!! Hugs to you sister, lol names and heels hmmmm how interesting!