Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Nerve damage question

Posted by Dan L on 7/15/01 at hrmin (053262)

I am over a year post op bilateral plantar fasciotomy partial release. A neurologist recently did a nerve conduction test. He says I have nerve damage in both feet. The question is: Is this nerve damage necessarily a result of the surgery? Said a different way, did the surgery POSITIVELY cause the bilateral nerve damage? (I do NOT have tarsal tunnel syndrome.)
Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Re: Nerve damage question

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/15/01 at 16:33 (053278)

This is a interesting quesion. I don't know the exact answer but I do want to add another dx that you may have and that is sometype of local RSD. Alot of foot surgery can cause this. I would like to see either local posterior nerve block or lower back epidurals evaluated for your feet

Re: Nerve damage question

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/15/01 at 16:33 (053278)

This is a interesting quesion. I don't know the exact answer but I do want to add another dx that you may have and that is sometype of local RSD. Alot of foot surgery can cause this. I would like to see either local posterior nerve block or lower back epidurals evaluated for your feet