Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Mulitple foot injuries

Posted by JP on 7/17/01 at hrmin (053465)

I have been diagnosed with the following: PF, Deteriateing Achilles Tendon, Bunions, Heel Spurs (all in both feet) and bone spurs in the top of my right foot which has caused nerve damage. I feel as if: the top of my foot is constantly on fire, every bone in both my feet are broken, chips of glass in my heels and a tightness throughout the calves. My orthopedist once suggested surgery, but for reasons unbeknown to me, he has decided against it. I am an real workout junkie. I use to run seven days a week and lift weights six. This was in conjunction with doing advanced step aerobics three times a week. In the course of thirteen months I lost 115 lbs. Now that I can no longer run, and can hardley walk the day after doing an aerobics class (about three times a month), I am gaining weight and getting terribly depressed. I wrap my feet and ankles, use super magnets on specific points, magnetic insoles, rigid orthodic insoles, heel lifts, supportive shoes, night splints, have weekly (professional) massages, take vioxx and anything else that will get me though the day. I refuse to give up my lifting and use the elyptical glider whenever I can stand it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do not have access to a pool, so I can't swim. Do I just need to see another orthopedist or is there a 'wonder' treatment out there that I don't know about? Thanks, JP

Re: Mulitple foot injuries

Laurie R on 7/17/01 at 11:55 (053483)

Hi JP and welcome to the board.... Wow is the first thing that comes to my head when I read your post.... I don't have the answers you are looking for and I am not a doctor. Just want to let you know that we are here for you for support. Hang in there I'm sure one of the wonderful doctors will answer some of your questions... Laurie R

Re: Mulitple foot injuries

Laurie R on 7/17/01 at 11:55 (053483)

Hi JP and welcome to the board.... Wow is the first thing that comes to my head when I read your post.... I don't have the answers you are looking for and I am not a doctor. Just want to let you know that we are here for you for support. Hang in there I'm sure one of the wonderful doctors will answer some of your questions... Laurie R