Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

May I hear from those who have had successful surgery?

Posted by Paula G. on 7/17/01 at 13:26 (053490)

If any of you have read any of my postings, you know I have suffered this disease for going on two years now. I have done every treatment and taken every drug to no avail.
I have an appointment next week with a doctor who may do the surgery. Our insurance will not pay for the ESWT, and I feel there is no alternative. I have young children and am slowly becoming an invalid.
I hear so many horror stories on surgery, or feel if I have the surgery, I will somehow be worse off.
There must be those who have good success stories. Surgery is not something I have jumped into. With my orthopedist this is a last resort and he is referring me.
I realize patience is a lot in learning what works and healing. Like those who work, I do not have the luxury of staying off my feet. Not with small children and a home to run.
Please, may I hear from someone..

Re: May I hear from those who have had successful surgery?

wendyn on 7/17/01 at 13:56 (053495)

Paula - it's very difficult to find those with successful surgeries here - those people usually don't have any desire to hang out on a bb about foot pain. They are out walking and running and having a good time - they are out there though.

Paula G. on 7/17/01 at 17:59 (053523)

Never thought about that....God willing, we will be one of them soon....
If I could have but one wish come true it would be that everyone on this board was healed...

GinaC on 7/18/01 at 13:36 (053588)

Try going through the posts on the foot surgery board--a real mixed bag, but informative. gina

Kim K. on 7/18/01 at 18:55 (053619)

I know how you feel Gina, I am in the same boat as you are I am trying to decide between ESWT and surgery and I have a small child and I too am beginning to feel like an invalid. The postings I have read about surgery scared me, I may pay for ESWT if my insurance will not. I am going away for a family vacation and hoping I can walk and not injure myself. When I return from this trip my main focus will be getting a few 'second opinions' before I make a decision on how to proceed with my chronic PF.

Kim K. on 7/18/01 at 19:00 (053620)

I'm sorry, I addressed my reponse to Gina , but I meant it for Paula. I hope Paula sees my posting before this one.

john h on 7/19/01 at 10:28 (053715)

i had surgery (tts and pf) but i do not consider them successful. Fortunately they did not make me worse which was my greatest concern.

wendyn on 7/17/01 at 13:56 (053495)

Paula - it's very difficult to find those with successful surgeries here - those people usually don't have any desire to hang out on a bb about foot pain. They are out walking and running and having a good time - they are out there though.

Paula G. on 7/17/01 at 17:59 (053523)

Never thought about that....God willing, we will be one of them soon....
If I could have but one wish come true it would be that everyone on this board was healed...

GinaC on 7/18/01 at 13:36 (053588)

Try going through the posts on the foot surgery board--a real mixed bag, but informative. gina

Kim K. on 7/18/01 at 18:55 (053619)

I know how you feel Gina, I am in the same boat as you are I am trying to decide between ESWT and surgery and I have a small child and I too am beginning to feel like an invalid. The postings I have read about surgery scared me, I may pay for ESWT if my insurance will not. I am going away for a family vacation and hoping I can walk and not injure myself. When I return from this trip my main focus will be getting a few 'second opinions' before I make a decision on how to proceed with my chronic PF.

Kim K. on 7/18/01 at 19:00 (053620)

I'm sorry, I addressed my reponse to Gina , but I meant it for Paula. I hope Paula sees my posting before this one.

john h on 7/19/01 at 10:28 (053715)

i had surgery (tts and pf) but i do not consider them successful. Fortunately they did not make me worse which was my greatest concern.