Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Anthony: are you still there?

Posted by Julie on 7/18/01 at 11:37 (053583)

Hi

I've just realized with horror that since you made your 'New Symptoms' post a week ago we seem to have forgotten all about you while we had a lively discussion about stretching. Apologies!

I am very sorry you have had so much trouble. One thing that occurs to ask is, are you at work at present? 8 to 10 hours a day on concrete floors is surely worsening your condition and making it very difficult for you to heal. Can you get sick leave so that you can rest? Or can you ask to be transferred to sitting-down duties until you are better?

Have you read the heel pain book? Do: more knowledge about what you are going through will help you to feel more in control - I sense a kind of despair in your voice which makes me doubly regret how the discussion your post led to took over.

Anyway, I hope you haven't given up on heelspurs.com. Please stick around, don't hesitate to ask for help and to vent some more if you want to, and we'll see if we can be useful!

All the best, Julie

Re: To Anthony: are you still there?

Anthoy P on 7/19/01 at 17:28 (053756)

Hi everyone,
This web site and all of you are very helpful to me. thanks
I went on sick leave two weeks ago, I cant walk at all ,I cant put any weigth on the heel and when I try to walk on the ball of my foot I get pains up the back of my leg and numbness in my 3rd &4th toes ,My boot
brace makes the achilles hurt more. i'm going for my 3rd MRI Saturday
The last 2 show alot of edema in the heel bone.My Ortho is going to put
me in a hard cast, Do you think this will help me??
Thanks for thinking about me Julie

Julie on 7/20/01 at 00:40 (053784)

Hi Anthony

I'm glad you're still there!

And I'm glad you are on sick leave. You need to rest, and stay off work until you're better. I know it's rotten not to be able to walk, but please don't return to your standing job until your problem is resolved. I hope the MRI tomorrow will throw more light it so that it can be addressed.

If your orthopaedist thinks the hard cast will help, it probably will, but I hope one of the doctors will give their opinion of this. If you don't get a response from one of them soon, I suggest you re-post your question on the Ask the Foot Doctors message board. One this you should be aware of is that you'll need exercises to rebuild muscle strength once you're out of the cast, so physical therapy may be in order.

I really hope that the tests tomorrow move things along and that you'll soon be on the mend.

Very best wishes, Julie

Anthony P on 7/21/01 at 11:10 (053913)

Hi Julie,
I will let you know how it turns out.
If I still have my sanity I'm very active
this sitting around gets me down

Anthoy P on 7/19/01 at 17:28 (053756)

Hi everyone,
This web site and all of you are very helpful to me. thanks
I went on sick leave two weeks ago, I cant walk at all ,I cant put any weigth on the heel and when I try to walk on the ball of my foot I get pains up the back of my leg and numbness in my 3rd &4th toes ,My boot
brace makes the achilles hurt more. i'm going for my 3rd MRI Saturday
The last 2 show alot of edema in the heel bone.My Ortho is going to put
me in a hard cast, Do you think this will help me??
Thanks for thinking about me Julie

Julie on 7/20/01 at 00:40 (053784)

Hi Anthony

I'm glad you're still there!

And I'm glad you are on sick leave. You need to rest, and stay off work until you're better. I know it's rotten not to be able to walk, but please don't return to your standing job until your problem is resolved. I hope the MRI tomorrow will throw more light it so that it can be addressed.

If your orthopaedist thinks the hard cast will help, it probably will, but I hope one of the doctors will give their opinion of this. If you don't get a response from one of them soon, I suggest you re-post your question on the Ask the Foot Doctors message board. One this you should be aware of is that you'll need exercises to rebuild muscle strength once you're out of the cast, so physical therapy may be in order.

I really hope that the tests tomorrow move things along and that you'll soon be on the mend.

Very best wishes, Julie

Anthony P on 7/21/01 at 11:10 (053913)

Hi Julie,
I will let you know how it turns out.
If I still have my sanity I'm very active
this sitting around gets me down