Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Accupuncture

Posted by HindiG on 7/18/01 at 20:36 (053637)

I have had heel spurs for several years. Recently they have gotten worse and I went to an accupunturist. for the first two months it got increasingly better, and then, bam... it got much worse. When it did not get any better I stopped going, and now I can hardly walk. Has anyone else had this type of expererience. I have an appointment with podiatrist on Monday.

Re: Accupuncture

Julie on 7/19/01 at 03:07 (053673)

Wait and see what the podiatrist says. I hope he will do a full examination and evaluation of your gait, and help you with a sensible treatment package.

Some folk here have posted in the past about acupuncture helping them, and I'm sure it can. But it couldn't work on its own, if you were continuing with - for example - a lot of weight-bearing exercise like running, aerobics or walking, poor shoes, going barefoot, etc.

Read the heel pain book for information about PF and its causes and treatments. Make sure your footgear is supportive (and the right size for you) and never go barefoot.

PF is an injury and needs rest in order to heal, so the first thing to know is - stay off your feet as much as you can. If your usual exercise is weight-bearing - running, aerobics, walking - switch to swimming, stationary biking, Pilates, or find a gentle yoga class that does not involve a lot of standing.

Look in at heelspurs.com for information and support from a group of helpful people who have all 'been through it' and learned a lot from it.

Re: Accupuncture

Julie on 7/19/01 at 03:07 (053673)

Wait and see what the podiatrist says. I hope he will do a full examination and evaluation of your gait, and help you with a sensible treatment package.

Some folk here have posted in the past about acupuncture helping them, and I'm sure it can. But it couldn't work on its own, if you were continuing with - for example - a lot of weight-bearing exercise like running, aerobics or walking, poor shoes, going barefoot, etc.

Read the heel pain book for information about PF and its causes and treatments. Make sure your footgear is supportive (and the right size for you) and never go barefoot.

PF is an injury and needs rest in order to heal, so the first thing to know is - stay off your feet as much as you can. If your usual exercise is weight-bearing - running, aerobics, walking - switch to swimming, stationary biking, Pilates, or find a gentle yoga class that does not involve a lot of standing.

Look in at heelspurs.com for information and support from a group of helpful people who have all 'been through it' and learned a lot from it.