Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Leuko Tape

Posted by john h on 7/19/01 at 10:46 (053718)

i ordered the Leuko tape that Julie suggested some months ago. It has arrived and without question this is the best tape i have come across. I ordered it from an orthopedic supply site that i posted some weeks ago. it is made in germany and is skin tone in color. It adheres aggressively. 15 yards cost around $8. the company also sent me their very large catalog which contained liquids to remove tape residue, tough skin pre spray,various night splints, orthotics, etc.

dr z they had devices in the catalog called 'Volumeters' which are used to measure endema in the foot,wrist, or arm,etc. it appears you just place your foot in a container of liquid and measure the amount of fluid displacement. compare this over time to measure endema. simple and inexpensive. have you ever seen or heard of these. i do not know how much endema might be associated with PF but i guess you could check to see if there was endema when your foot hurt significantly.

Re: Leuko Tape

Julie on 7/20/01 at 02:20 (053790)

Glad you think well of the Leuko tape, John. It's the only one I've used, so I've nothing to compare it with. Mine is white, actually.

Happy taping!

john h on 7/20/01 at 08:30 (053805)

i have tried other tapes and there is no comparison. the 1 1/2' width seems perfect and the flesh tone color blends with your skin so well that evand sandalsen with no socks no one will hardly notice your feet are taped. if you can get by with two strips then taping becomes quick and you are more likely to do it each day.

Julie on 7/20/01 at 09:52 (053811)

Uh oh...we're going to start a fad for SKin Coloured Tape with NO SOCKS.

Yes (seriously now): if the simplest technique works, it is easy and cheap, and you are more likely to do it each day.

Julie on 7/20/01 at 02:20 (053790)

Glad you think well of the Leuko tape, John. It's the only one I've used, so I've nothing to compare it with. Mine is white, actually.

Happy taping!

john h on 7/20/01 at 08:30 (053805)

i have tried other tapes and there is no comparison. the 1 1/2' width seems perfect and the flesh tone color blends with your skin so well that evand sandalsen with no socks no one will hardly notice your feet are taped. if you can get by with two strips then taping becomes quick and you are more likely to do it each day.

Julie on 7/20/01 at 09:52 (053811)

Uh oh...we're going to start a fad for SKin Coloured Tape with NO SOCKS.

Yes (seriously now): if the simplest technique works, it is easy and cheap, and you are more likely to do it each day.