Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TO: Nancy N

Posted by Laurie R on 7/21/01 at 19:22 (053935)

Dear Nancy N ,
Thank you so much for explaining all this virus stuff to us. I really appreciate it ...I'm sure everyone else does too....It is really hard to understand the 'whys' of it ,but you did shed some light on it for us... I will tell you, I sure have learned alot out of this experience .....

Thank you again , Laurie R

Re: TO: Nancy N

Nancy N on 7/21/01 at 22:05 (053943)

No problem, Laurie. Viruses do cause a lot of panic--some of it warranted, some of it unwarranted. I'm still baffled by the fact that this one used addresses from this site, but otherwise, it operates like a standard email virus. It's sad--just a few years ago, we used to be able to tell people that it wasn't possible to get a virus just by opening email. Unfortunately for people who are using Outlook or Exchange, that's not true anymore. I'm afraid it will only get more confusing in the future, not less.

Re: TO: Nancy N

Nancy N on 7/21/01 at 22:05 (053943)

No problem, Laurie. Viruses do cause a lot of panic--some of it warranted, some of it unwarranted. I'm still baffled by the fact that this one used addresses from this site, but otherwise, it operates like a standard email virus. It's sad--just a few years ago, we used to be able to tell people that it wasn't possible to get a virus just by opening email. Unfortunately for people who are using Outlook or Exchange, that's not true anymore. I'm afraid it will only get more confusing in the future, not less.