Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spur or not

Posted by Evie K. on 7/21/01 at 20:01 (053940)

Christmas Eve I dropped a leaf to a table flat across my left foot. It swelled alot and the nail on my big toe turned black. I did not see a doctor right away. Due to the inflammation I could only fit in one pair of shoes. The heel of the shoe started to come undone but I continued to wear them. Since that time, 7 mths now the arch of my foot & top of my foot is very uncomfortable. A foot doctor told me it was a heel spur back in February but did not takeany x-rays. I've purchased a pair of Reebok DMX thinking it would help, but it seems worse. My question is could this be a heel spur or could I have injured my foot from the accident? Does the top of the foot hurt with a heel spur?

Re: Heel Spur or not

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/22/01 at 07:26 (053953)

You can get a spur on the toe of you foot from the injury YOu could of developed a stress fracture or a fracture that has healed but with arthritis. The heel spur we talk about on this site isn't on the top of your foot but on the bottom where the plantar fascia atached to the calcaneus which is also called the heel bone

walter groux on 7/22/01 at hrmin (053963)

Mid heel, right foot. Painfull to walk normally as if a nail is in there. Pain runs up leg to mid calf. No injuries. HELP! Thank you. Walter

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/22/01 at 12:22 (053970)

Hi,

What treatment have you had. Have you seen any doctors . Give me some more information.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/22/01 at 07:26 (053953)

You can get a spur on the toe of you foot from the injury YOu could of developed a stress fracture or a fracture that has healed but with arthritis. The heel spur we talk about on this site isn't on the top of your foot but on the bottom where the plantar fascia atached to the calcaneus which is also called the heel bone

walter groux on 7/22/01 at hrmin (053963)

Mid heel, right foot. Painfull to walk normally as if a nail is in there. Pain runs up leg to mid calf. No injuries. HELP! Thank you. Walter

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/22/01 at 12:22 (053970)

Hi,

What treatment have you had. Have you seen any doctors . Give me some more information.