Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel spur, I think?

Posted by walter on 7/22/01 at hrmin (053964)

As if I has a nail in my right heel.. tough walking and pain up the calf.. any relief? Thx Walter.

Re: Heel spur, I think?

Necee on 7/25/01 at 00:11 (054210)

Hi Walter,
Sounds like you need to have your foot x-rayed. Then it can be determined if you indeed have a heelspur.
Normally inflammation is the cause of the pain, so by reducing the inflammation you reduce the pain. Resting your feet, wearing good support shoes, and using ice along with anti-inflammatory medication is a start.
There is a lot of talk here on the message boards regarding your type of problem, I suggest you read the message boards and post questions, we are all here to help eachother.
Best of Luck
Necee

Ron H. on 7/29/01 at hrmin (054691)

I started having severe pain in my left heel. Couldn't sleep through the night at all. Soaked it in some epsom salts and took alleves. Couldn't put any pressure on my foot. Pain was going right up my leg. Do you think this is a heel spur. Thanks very much. Ron Please answer soon.

Necee on 7/25/01 at 00:11 (054210)

Hi Walter,
Sounds like you need to have your foot x-rayed. Then it can be determined if you indeed have a heelspur.
Normally inflammation is the cause of the pain, so by reducing the inflammation you reduce the pain. Resting your feet, wearing good support shoes, and using ice along with anti-inflammatory medication is a start.
There is a lot of talk here on the message boards regarding your type of problem, I suggest you read the message boards and post questions, we are all here to help eachother.
Best of Luck
Necee

Ron H. on 7/29/01 at hrmin (054691)

I started having severe pain in my left heel. Couldn't sleep through the night at all. Soaked it in some epsom salts and took alleves. Couldn't put any pressure on my foot. Pain was going right up my leg. Do you think this is a heel spur. Thanks very much. Ron Please answer soon.