Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Drs.and others!

Posted by Regina Brown on 7/22/01 at 16:32 (053979)

I am still having some heel pain after EPF Surgery on May 3 and also have just finished with 4 wks. of PT
as of this week.Some things regarding PT helped namely whirlpool and ultrasound as it took soreness out from any activities but otherwise I am still having pain in my heel upon standing up after resting and so on and also quite a bit of soreness still.Does anyone know perhaps what may be going on?the PT said at my last session that my foot is still weak even tho I did exercises and suggested I continue with all exercises still yet but at home now,Should I? I am still experiencing difficulties WITH my walking! Help from everyone is appreciated. Thank you all very much. Regina

Re: Drs.and others!

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/22/01 at 17:30 (053982)

Some patients will take up to six months after any type of plantar fascia release, whether EPF or open or mis. Very important to get you Achilles tendon back to normal and your ankle range of motion back to normal. Healing with foot surgery is very long and very frustrating .

Re: Drs.and others!

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/22/01 at 17:30 (053982)

Some patients will take up to six months after any type of plantar fascia release, whether EPF or open or mis. Very important to get you Achilles tendon back to normal and your ankle range of motion back to normal. Healing with foot surgery is very long and very frustrating .