Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The Miracle of Jade

Posted by lynne A on 7/23/01 at 01:54 (053997)

I am not on the trial for Jade, but ordered a tube 4 weeks ago in absolute desperation. I was suffering from intense pain and burning in my left heel.X-rays had shown a heelspur on the left and another smaller one on the right heel.I tried everything possible at my disposal, and had done the orthotics, stretching, reflexology, icing and anything else that was possible in Singapore. By the afternoon I was always a wreck and getting up for the slightest reason was torture.The early mornings were no better with walking on the balls of my feet.Then I tried Jade....
I have little or no pain in my feet now and am able to undertake as much activity as I please. If I feel pain I always apply the Jade and the pain subsides.I still wear my orthotics on long walking sessions to give my arches support, but the inflammation has gone and I have a new life!
I recommend anyone with heelspur pain to use the Jade ointment and I wish them the success that I have been lucky enough to experience.

Re: The Miracle of Jade

BrianG on 7/23/01 at 07:44 (054003)

C'mon Lynne, you can't fool us, we know that your Dr. Chris's wife !!! Actually I'm very happy to hear how well you've done on the Jade balm. I'm actually a little better my self. It took a month and half, but I actually have less pain in the mornings. The rest of the day is the same though, the pain always comes back.

I'm not saying it's the Jade only that has helped me though. I also got a new pair of orthotics at the same time. Is the the orthotics, the Jade, or a combination of both? I don't know, but other than my pain meds, it's the 1st relief I'd had in 7 years. I'm praying that this could be the beginning of a big turn around for me. Good luck to everyone else.

BCG

Scott R on 7/23/01 at 10:57 (054024)

Since this is the first time lynne A has posted, I wanted to say before anyone attacked that I couldn't find any other evidence (besides her first post looking like a possible advertisement) that she's not legit. So, don't say mean stuff.

BrianG on 7/23/01 at 21:02 (054062)

Scott,

I hope you didn't take my comment about her being Dr. Chris's wife with any seriousness. She made a nice post, didn't leave any phone number, website or address pushing the Jade balm. Why would you think anyone would not be nice to her? Are we getting a lttle paranoid, am I missing something?

BCG

Cynthia D on 7/23/01 at 21:33 (054063)

Hi Brian, actually I thought what you said was hillarious, I was wondering if Lynne had posted before, too. I laughed so hard, I don't think she'd be offended, maybe we'll hear more from you, Lynne?

Mainly, let me say that I'm so very happy to hear you are getting some improvement, being my fellow Massachusian, I have been following your story since you joined the board. That is something to be happy about! Now if you could get improvement the rest of the day, too :)

Just a thought, are you breaking the orthotics in slowly? They could cause your feet to fatique quickly, but you already know that.

I'm afraid to say so because every time I do, I get in full pain again, but I have been using Jade now for over two weeks, and have had a succession of '0' days!! Oh pain, please don't return now that I said this. I don't know if it's the yoga, stretching, massages, or weight loss, or the Jade, but I'll take it! I tend to go up and down over the weeks, so I'm holding my breath this time. Hope it works all day for you soon.

Cynthia D on 7/23/01 at 21:35 (054064)

Oh yes, I also just weaned off the Vioxx after 5 months!

Julie on 7/24/01 at 01:33 (054083)

Brian, I knew you were joking - and I'm so glad you're getting some relief after all this time. And Cynthia - and Brian - of course it doesn't matter 'what' is helping. If 'something' is, whether it's orthotics, or tape, or yoga, or stretching, or Jade, or a combination of any or all those things, it's cause for celebration.

So celebrate!

Re: The Miracle of Jade II

Julie on 7/24/01 at 02:44 (054087)

Another Miracle of Jade is that it comes in a seemingly bottomless tube. My first tube is still half full, despite my having used the requisite smidgin every day for the last seven weeks.

LynneA on 7/24/01 at 06:03 (054091)

Brian, you're not far off the truth! I could easily marry Dr Reynolds just 'cause he's changed my life for me!.....but I don't think my husband would approve! My husband does, however, approve of the new attitude, ungrumpy wife he now has! Scott mentions me not having posted before, when in fact I have been clinging to every word on the site since discovering it 10 weeks ago and have posted in quite a few other areas and had some helpful tips from fellow sufferers.I've ordered my second tube from Dr Reynolds in Australia (I live in Singapore)and remain indebted to his dedication to a product that really works. Who knows why, who cares why, it just works.Keep going Brian and Cynthia and Julia....I just put it on more than once a day when I need to and am also using it for other applications as well.Stiff shoulder also seems better!

LynneA on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054092)

I responded to all your posts in the wrong place - just below Brian's sarcastic quip! Do you think Jade works for the brain as well? By the way if my first post sounded like an advertisement it's because I'm euphoric and just love Jade! So there!

BrianG on 7/24/01 at 07:43 (054094)

Hi Cynthia,

About the orthotics, they were very easy to break in. I started out slowly, mayby an hour the first day, and then added at least an hour each day. By the end of the 1st week, I was wearing them full time. This pair is nothing like the 1st two pairs I was casted for. I think they were made from a combination of vinyl and concrete!! This pair is semi rigid, and I love them. They are made by SporThotics.

BCG

Re: Ouch

Cynthia D on 7/24/01 at 08:00 (054096)

Vinyl and concrete, Brian! Oh, my feet hurt at the thought. Surely you're joking again! If that's how your old orthotics were, no wonder you have pf. I agree, the semi rigid seem to work best, support, but don't try to 'mold' your feet.

Lynne, too funny! If this works, I'd marry him, too and Dr. Wizard as well. Thanks for the reminder, I'm nursing a painful knee from too much working out, I'm heading for the Jade, too. Julie's right, I thought I'd be out by now, too. I apply it all over my heel, arch and ankles, I'm not taking any chances on missing the right spot!

john a on 7/24/01 at 08:27 (054100)

Yeah, I noticed the neverending nature of Jade too. But now you've gone and let the cat out of the bag, Dr. Reynolds may not send us all the third tube :-)

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054101)

Cynthia, it's really not best to overdo it with the Jade, not because it's dangerous in any way but because the response does not appear to be dose related. If you apply a lot is the same as applying a little, that's why I recommend that you try and locate the most tender area(s) and apply a small amount (rice grain, smidgen, 3mm, you get my gist?) actually on the hot spot and rub it in. This way it still works if it is going to and the tube will last a lot longer. Good luck.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054106)

Don't worry John, a deal's a deal and if there's any left over, there are a lot more uses for it.

john h on 7/24/01 at 09:01 (054108)

if a person wanted to really push jade he would not suggest just using a 'dab' once a day. hard to imagine getting rich with a tube that last for a couple of months.

Julie on 7/24/01 at 09:02 (054109)

I was going to say, oh yes he will, he's a generous guy....but then read his post and saw he's beaten me to it.

Thanks Dr Chris.

Mary AnnS on 7/24/01 at 09:55 (054116)

I am still pain free since starting the Jade. It is a wonderful feeling.It has been so long. So it doesn't matter to me how it works, just that it does and that Dr. Renyolds gave us the chance to try it. I was skeptical at first, having tried many other things that didn't work. So there are people here who are also. But I would give it a chance and you might find some relief.

Cynthia D on 7/24/01 at 10:56 (054122)

Mary Ann, I'm so happy for you.

Lynne, I did run upstairs and put some on my knee, after two days of hurting, it's almost totally fine now - amazing? I just ran in and out of a car 12 times. Thanks for giving me the idea.

Dr. Reynolds, my pain moves around in different areas, I know there was a focal point because I had ESWT, but now my ankles were puffy and sore, too. It seems in the last few days, the swelling went mostly down.

It does seem to good to be true, doesn't it?

Re: Cynthia

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/24/01 at 14:41 (054145)

So is this a proposal . Can we get married by the Koi fish pond. Just set the date. How are your feet??

Re: Funny, funny!

Cynthia D on 7/24/01 at 20:32 (054175)

Our spouses could stand up for us too, ok, my kids could be part of it, and all our heelspurs.com friends could throw their orthotics at us after the ceremony! Too funny! Dr. Hewi Lewi could officiate.

I'm too scared to tell you my feet are good, because every time I do they get bad again! They get tired by the pm if I haven't sat all day, put it that way!

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/25/01 at hrmin (054207)

Cynthia, yes it does, but after a while you get used to it. Basically you can apply the Jade to anywhere it hurts, because pain usually means inflammation and that's where Jade comes into its own, as a safe, topical analgesic. I'm glad it's helping you.

BrianG on 7/23/01 at 07:44 (054003)

C'mon Lynne, you can't fool us, we know that your Dr. Chris's wife !!! Actually I'm very happy to hear how well you've done on the Jade balm. I'm actually a little better my self. It took a month and half, but I actually have less pain in the mornings. The rest of the day is the same though, the pain always comes back.

I'm not saying it's the Jade only that has helped me though. I also got a new pair of orthotics at the same time. Is the the orthotics, the Jade, or a combination of both? I don't know, but other than my pain meds, it's the 1st relief I'd had in 7 years. I'm praying that this could be the beginning of a big turn around for me. Good luck to everyone else.

BCG

Scott R on 7/23/01 at 10:57 (054024)

Since this is the first time lynne A has posted, I wanted to say before anyone attacked that I couldn't find any other evidence (besides her first post looking like a possible advertisement) that she's not legit. So, don't say mean stuff.

BrianG on 7/23/01 at 21:02 (054062)

Scott,

I hope you didn't take my comment about her being Dr. Chris's wife with any seriousness. She made a nice post, didn't leave any phone number, website or address pushing the Jade balm. Why would you think anyone would not be nice to her? Are we getting a lttle paranoid, am I missing something?

BCG

Cynthia D on 7/23/01 at 21:33 (054063)

Hi Brian, actually I thought what you said was hillarious, I was wondering if Lynne had posted before, too. I laughed so hard, I don't think she'd be offended, maybe we'll hear more from you, Lynne?

Mainly, let me say that I'm so very happy to hear you are getting some improvement, being my fellow Massachusian, I have been following your story since you joined the board. That is something to be happy about! Now if you could get improvement the rest of the day, too :)

Just a thought, are you breaking the orthotics in slowly? They could cause your feet to fatique quickly, but you already know that.

I'm afraid to say so because every time I do, I get in full pain again, but I have been using Jade now for over two weeks, and have had a succession of '0' days!! Oh pain, please don't return now that I said this. I don't know if it's the yoga, stretching, massages, or weight loss, or the Jade, but I'll take it! I tend to go up and down over the weeks, so I'm holding my breath this time. Hope it works all day for you soon.

Cynthia D on 7/23/01 at 21:35 (054064)

Oh yes, I also just weaned off the Vioxx after 5 months!

Julie on 7/24/01 at 01:33 (054083)

Brian, I knew you were joking - and I'm so glad you're getting some relief after all this time. And Cynthia - and Brian - of course it doesn't matter 'what' is helping. If 'something' is, whether it's orthotics, or tape, or yoga, or stretching, or Jade, or a combination of any or all those things, it's cause for celebration.

So celebrate!

Julie on 7/24/01 at 02:44 (054087)

Another Miracle of Jade is that it comes in a seemingly bottomless tube. My first tube is still half full, despite my having used the requisite smidgin every day for the last seven weeks.

LynneA on 7/24/01 at 06:03 (054091)

Brian, you're not far off the truth! I could easily marry Dr Reynolds just 'cause he's changed my life for me!.....but I don't think my husband would approve! My husband does, however, approve of the new attitude, ungrumpy wife he now has! Scott mentions me not having posted before, when in fact I have been clinging to every word on the site since discovering it 10 weeks ago and have posted in quite a few other areas and had some helpful tips from fellow sufferers.I've ordered my second tube from Dr Reynolds in Australia (I live in Singapore)and remain indebted to his dedication to a product that really works. Who knows why, who cares why, it just works.Keep going Brian and Cynthia and Julia....I just put it on more than once a day when I need to and am also using it for other applications as well.Stiff shoulder also seems better!

LynneA on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054092)

I responded to all your posts in the wrong place - just below Brian's sarcastic quip! Do you think Jade works for the brain as well? By the way if my first post sounded like an advertisement it's because I'm euphoric and just love Jade! So there!

BrianG on 7/24/01 at 07:43 (054094)

Hi Cynthia,

About the orthotics, they were very easy to break in. I started out slowly, mayby an hour the first day, and then added at least an hour each day. By the end of the 1st week, I was wearing them full time. This pair is nothing like the 1st two pairs I was casted for. I think they were made from a combination of vinyl and concrete!! This pair is semi rigid, and I love them. They are made by SporThotics.

BCG

Cynthia D on 7/24/01 at 08:00 (054096)

Vinyl and concrete, Brian! Oh, my feet hurt at the thought. Surely you're joking again! If that's how your old orthotics were, no wonder you have pf. I agree, the semi rigid seem to work best, support, but don't try to 'mold' your feet.

Lynne, too funny! If this works, I'd marry him, too and Dr. Wizard as well. Thanks for the reminder, I'm nursing a painful knee from too much working out, I'm heading for the Jade, too. Julie's right, I thought I'd be out by now, too. I apply it all over my heel, arch and ankles, I'm not taking any chances on missing the right spot!

john a on 7/24/01 at 08:27 (054100)

Yeah, I noticed the neverending nature of Jade too. But now you've gone and let the cat out of the bag, Dr. Reynolds may not send us all the third tube :-)

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054101)

Cynthia, it's really not best to overdo it with the Jade, not because it's dangerous in any way but because the response does not appear to be dose related. If you apply a lot is the same as applying a little, that's why I recommend that you try and locate the most tender area(s) and apply a small amount (rice grain, smidgen, 3mm, you get my gist?) actually on the hot spot and rub it in. This way it still works if it is going to and the tube will last a lot longer. Good luck.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054106)

Don't worry John, a deal's a deal and if there's any left over, there are a lot more uses for it.

john h on 7/24/01 at 09:01 (054108)

if a person wanted to really push jade he would not suggest just using a 'dab' once a day. hard to imagine getting rich with a tube that last for a couple of months.

Julie on 7/24/01 at 09:02 (054109)

I was going to say, oh yes he will, he's a generous guy....but then read his post and saw he's beaten me to it.

Thanks Dr Chris.

Mary AnnS on 7/24/01 at 09:55 (054116)

I am still pain free since starting the Jade. It is a wonderful feeling.It has been so long. So it doesn't matter to me how it works, just that it does and that Dr. Renyolds gave us the chance to try it. I was skeptical at first, having tried many other things that didn't work. So there are people here who are also. But I would give it a chance and you might find some relief.

Cynthia D on 7/24/01 at 10:56 (054122)

Mary Ann, I'm so happy for you.

Lynne, I did run upstairs and put some on my knee, after two days of hurting, it's almost totally fine now - amazing? I just ran in and out of a car 12 times. Thanks for giving me the idea.

Dr. Reynolds, my pain moves around in different areas, I know there was a focal point because I had ESWT, but now my ankles were puffy and sore, too. It seems in the last few days, the swelling went mostly down.

It does seem to good to be true, doesn't it?

Re: Cynthia

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/24/01 at 14:41 (054145)

So is this a proposal . Can we get married by the Koi fish pond. Just set the date. How are your feet??

Re: Funny, funny!

Cynthia D on 7/24/01 at 20:32 (054175)

Our spouses could stand up for us too, ok, my kids could be part of it, and all our heelspurs.com friends could throw their orthotics at us after the ceremony! Too funny! Dr. Hewi Lewi could officiate.

I'm too scared to tell you my feet are good, because every time I do they get bad again! They get tired by the pm if I haven't sat all day, put it that way!

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/25/01 at hrmin (054207)

Cynthia, yes it does, but after a while you get used to it. Basically you can apply the Jade to anywhere it hurts, because pain usually means inflammation and that's where Jade comes into its own, as a safe, topical analgesic. I'm glad it's helping you.