Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Earth Shoes or Planet Earth

Posted by Catch22 on 7/24/01 at 04:44 (054090)

I got a pair of Earth Shoes this weekend and they seem great! I have PF and am in the early stages of medical treatment. Does anyone have any experience with these shoes? When I try to find a place to purchase on the web, I only find Planet Earth, which is obviously somehow related as both names come up on the same web site. Anyone know anything about these shoes? They feel great and seem to mold to my foot very nicely, but have not worked in them all day on my feet yet. Any feedback would be appreciated. In a comment about SAS Freetime shoes, I have a pair of these and have worked for months in these and so far they are the BEST for me.

Re: Earth Shoes or Planet Earth

Richard, C.Ped on 7/24/01 at 08:31 (054102)

I did not know Earth shoes were made anymore. Wow. Earth shoes are a little before my time, but from what I have been told by my patients, they were very comfortable. I think they were made with a slight negative heel. If I am wrong, someone please let me know. If that is the case, I would not recommend them for someone with Achillies tendonitis.

If they are working great for you, that is wonderful.
Richard, C.Ped

Re: ~~~~~~~~~~~EARTH SHOES~~~~~~~~~~

Necee on 7/24/01 at 22:33 (054189)

I don't have any information to give about earth shoes, but I was just wondering, are Earth Shoes similar to the design of the Birkenstock shoes?
Julie, maybe you can shed some light on this.
Necee

Julie on 7/25/01 at 01:42 (054227)

Sorry, Necee, I don't know: I've never worn them. Like Richard, I thought they were long gone.

Re: Earth Shoes or Planet Earth

Richard, C.Ped on 7/24/01 at 08:31 (054102)

I did not know Earth shoes were made anymore. Wow. Earth shoes are a little before my time, but from what I have been told by my patients, they were very comfortable. I think they were made with a slight negative heel. If I am wrong, someone please let me know. If that is the case, I would not recommend them for someone with Achillies tendonitis.

If they are working great for you, that is wonderful.
Richard, C.Ped

Necee on 7/24/01 at 22:33 (054189)

I don't have any information to give about earth shoes, but I was just wondering, are Earth Shoes similar to the design of the Birkenstock shoes?
Julie, maybe you can shed some light on this.
Necee

Julie on 7/25/01 at 01:42 (054227)

Sorry, Necee, I don't know: I've never worn them. Like Richard, I thought they were long gone.