Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Classic

Posted by D.Thomas on 7/24/01 at 10:27 (054118)

Went to see the Pod this morning. Told him I was not improving with the orthotics after six weeks. He said and I quote, 'You need to stop thinking about it'. ROFL!

I still don't think he believes I'm in pain. When I told him about the pain, he said everyone has pain.

Damn, I think it's time to start over and find another doctor. God, I hate this part.

Re: Classic

Julie on 7/24/01 at 10:36 (054121)

Of course you do - but do it, and quickly. This pod is a redundant pod. It is time for him to meet his maker.

(With apologies to John Cleese.)

D.Thomas on 7/24/01 at 12:50 (054134)

Man, this can be so very frustrating. It's like what Glenn X said, sometimes you don't know when to stop one thing and when to start another, especially with orthotics. Some days I just don't know what to do next and when to change it. I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. It has been a tough week and the doctor's visit was just a perfect end to it.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/24/01 at 14:37 (054144)

It is really hot in South Jersey. I am eating water ice. I started to read your thread julie . Well my stomach is still hurt with your comment. It is time for him to meet his maker. Thanks for the laught. The guy is so funny that he isn't funny

Glenn X on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054146)

D. Thomas: I feel your frustration, figuratively, literally, experientially, and every other way. Your guy's a bloody arse, as is anybody who tries to tell someone else what or how they ought to feel.

I'm not sure what your symptoms are, but I've always been slow to adjust to orthotics. Two or three months usually. I went from really rigid orthotics to a pair with firm support but a little more give. Did this four weeks ago (after almost two years on the hard ones). These more forgiving orthos intuitively seem more fitting, but my feet are complaining a lot. They'd become adjusted to the harder supports, even though those 'foot stones' didn't seem good for them.

That said, I've learned good things about orthotics from doctors and lay people alike on this site and I'm not sure you should push through without advice from someone.

john h on 7/24/01 at 16:43 (054151)

to put it bluntly your doc 'sucks'!

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/27/01 at hrmin (054486)

Please excuse me for being redundant in my messages but your concern for when to do what could be addressed by a treatment flow chart I proposed in the doctors section. A common thread is 'what to do when' as opposed to 'what to do.' We are waiting to see if a flow chart is presented at the annual American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) meeting in a couple of weeks. If not several of us are interested in taking that project up.
Ed

Julie on 7/24/01 at 10:36 (054121)

Of course you do - but do it, and quickly. This pod is a redundant pod. It is time for him to meet his maker.

(With apologies to John Cleese.)

D.Thomas on 7/24/01 at 12:50 (054134)

Man, this can be so very frustrating. It's like what Glenn X said, sometimes you don't know when to stop one thing and when to start another, especially with orthotics. Some days I just don't know what to do next and when to change it. I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. It has been a tough week and the doctor's visit was just a perfect end to it.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/24/01 at 14:37 (054144)

It is really hot in South Jersey. I am eating water ice. I started to read your thread julie . Well my stomach is still hurt with your comment. It is time for him to meet his maker. Thanks for the laught. The guy is so funny that he isn't funny

Glenn X on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054146)

D. Thomas: I feel your frustration, figuratively, literally, experientially, and every other way. Your guy's a bloody arse, as is anybody who tries to tell someone else what or how they ought to feel.

I'm not sure what your symptoms are, but I've always been slow to adjust to orthotics. Two or three months usually. I went from really rigid orthotics to a pair with firm support but a little more give. Did this four weeks ago (after almost two years on the hard ones). These more forgiving orthos intuitively seem more fitting, but my feet are complaining a lot. They'd become adjusted to the harder supports, even though those 'foot stones' didn't seem good for them.

That said, I've learned good things about orthotics from doctors and lay people alike on this site and I'm not sure you should push through without advice from someone.

john h on 7/24/01 at 16:43 (054151)

to put it bluntly your doc 'sucks'!

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/27/01 at hrmin (054486)

Please excuse me for being redundant in my messages but your concern for when to do what could be addressed by a treatment flow chart I proposed in the doctors section. A common thread is 'what to do when' as opposed to 'what to do.' We are waiting to see if a flow chart is presented at the annual American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) meeting in a couple of weeks. If not several of us are interested in taking that project up.
Ed