Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

taping of foot

Posted by Jan C on 7/24/01 at 16:30 (054150)

When taping the foot (as per Scott's pictures) how tight should the taping be? Should it just follow the contour of the foot when at rest - or should it be tight?

I am trying the Jade Balm - no luck so far - but ever hopeful!

Thanks.

Re: taping of foot

Julie on 7/25/01 at 01:33 (054225)

Jan, when I apply tape, I dorsiflex my foot (bend it back at the ankle) and pull the tape fairly tight. When I stand, it feels tight and supportive. If I hold the foot in neutral (at rest) the tape is much too tight when I stand.

Try it that way. If it doesn't feel right, either too tight or too loose, you need to experiment with the angle of the foot, or the tautness of the tape. After a few tries you will know when it is right.

Re: taping of foot

Julie on 7/25/01 at 01:33 (054225)

Jan, when I apply tape, I dorsiflex my foot (bend it back at the ankle) and pull the tape fairly tight. When I stand, it feels tight and supportive. If I hold the foot in neutral (at rest) the tape is much too tight when I stand.

Try it that way. If it doesn't feel right, either too tight or too loose, you need to experiment with the angle of the foot, or the tautness of the tape. After a few tries you will know when it is right.