Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Integrating doctors, patients, and heelspurs.com

Posted by Scott R on 7/24/01 at 18:37 (054167)

1) patient fills out a form that can be printed out for presenting to their doctor to help facilitate the interview with their doctor. Basically it summarizes the information (history, symptoms, what works and doesn't work, and Q's the patient may have) for the doctor so that their interaction is more beneficial to the patient.
2) the information can be analyzed and responses made by a computer program I'll write. The results will be sent to their email box and a web page for them to keep and print out of they also want to show this to their Dr.
3) they have the option of buying the time of our friendly neighborhood doctors to respond via email and/or message board to what they fill out on the form. These responses can also be presented to their local doctors
4) at the option of the patient, the information and all responses can go anonymously to a database such as the message board and/or survey.

So the patient fills out the form once and we kill 4 birds with one stone: 1) improve patient interaction with local Dr
2) computerized analysis of the symptoms
3) purchasable time of our Dr.s
4) info integrated into database for research and/or browsing purposes

How much would our local Dr.s require for payment? Telephone calls? Would doctors compete for the lowest rate? i.e. would it be $5 or $50 per ten minute response? The ability of patients to rate their satisfaction with the various doctors' responses would also be important.

Re: Integrating doctors, patients, and heelspurs.com

Glenn X on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054180)

Scott: This is really a great idea. A good Q&A form not only facilitates a dialogue with the doctor, but is educational to the filler-outer. Checked boxes from the doctor's end could spit out detailed pre-visit homework or post visit treatment instructions. E-learning modules might be linked in. Weekly/monthly e-mail prompts could encourage participants to update a heelspurs database on progress. Similar periodic re-evaluations of treatment regimens in your database could enhance it's value. Ideas all over the place. Surely a part of the future of medical care I'd pay to subscribe, and would purchase expertise. In fact, I feel a little guilty asking for free advice on your site now.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/24/01 at 22:32 (054188)

Ok . I feel guilty not charging. So make a check out to cash . Just joking. Always willing to participate with any program that the heelspurs.com posters want to do.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054196)

I don't think its responsible to give advice without and actual examination. So I think you need to be careful what people's expectations are.

Dr. David S. Wander on 7/25/01 at 13:38 (054280)

Scott, I agree with Dr. Reid and have expressed my thoughts many times regarding advice without an examination. I would also like to express my interest in this project, although somehow it must be made very clear that very limited advice can be given without a complete history and examination.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/26/01 at 14:36 (054379)

So there really isn't any change to the actual information and or advice that all of our doctors on heelspurs. com have already been giving. I would be curious as to what exactly is going beyond limited advice. Most if not all of our advice has been limited since we can't examine and or perform surgery on this web site.

Glenn X on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054180)

Scott: This is really a great idea. A good Q&A form not only facilitates a dialogue with the doctor, but is educational to the filler-outer. Checked boxes from the doctor's end could spit out detailed pre-visit homework or post visit treatment instructions. E-learning modules might be linked in. Weekly/monthly e-mail prompts could encourage participants to update a heelspurs database on progress. Similar periodic re-evaluations of treatment regimens in your database could enhance it's value. Ideas all over the place. Surely a part of the future of medical care I'd pay to subscribe, and would purchase expertise. In fact, I feel a little guilty asking for free advice on your site now.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/24/01 at 22:32 (054188)

Ok . I feel guilty not charging. So make a check out to cash . Just joking. Always willing to participate with any program that the heelspurs.com posters want to do.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054196)

I don't think its responsible to give advice without and actual examination. So I think you need to be careful what people's expectations are.

Dr. David S. Wander on 7/25/01 at 13:38 (054280)

Scott, I agree with Dr. Reid and have expressed my thoughts many times regarding advice without an examination. I would also like to express my interest in this project, although somehow it must be made very clear that very limited advice can be given without a complete history and examination.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/26/01 at 14:36 (054379)

So there really isn't any change to the actual information and or advice that all of our doctors on heelspurs. com have already been giving. I would be curious as to what exactly is going beyond limited advice. Most if not all of our advice has been limited since we can't examine and or perform surgery on this web site.