Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Achilles Tendonitis, MCTD, ankle pain...high arches?

Posted by Yvonne C. on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054169)

I have had 'HOT' feet, especially my heels, for years. I recently

developed Achilles Tendonitis with pain in my ankles and sides of my feet.

I have really high arches and believe this is the cause of at least some

of my pain. Is there a product out there somewhere that will support my

arches and possibly relieve some of the pain I have? This pain is now

affecting my mobility.

Re: Achilles Tendonitis, MCTD, ankle pain...high arches?

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054195)

I lot has to do with the tightness of the achilles tendon. When you have a flare up, you could wear a lift in your heel or wear higher heeled shoes, but if your achilles is tight it will not be good to wear heels continually. Once the pain subsides, you should start gradually stretching the achilles.

Dondi on 7/27/01 at hrmin (054495)

What are some safe ways to stretch the achilles tendon?? Also how can one determine if they have a tight achilles tendon? Thank you in advance...

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054195)

I lot has to do with the tightness of the achilles tendon. When you have a flare up, you could wear a lift in your heel or wear higher heeled shoes, but if your achilles is tight it will not be good to wear heels continually. Once the pain subsides, you should start gradually stretching the achilles.

Dondi on 7/27/01 at hrmin (054495)

What are some safe ways to stretch the achilles tendon?? Also how can one determine if they have a tight achilles tendon? Thank you in advance...