Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur surgery

Posted by vivian on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054193)

please give me your opinion, five months ago I had surgery for heel spur laser. done it would not heal up and I still could not walk on my foot after four months, each time I went back to my doctor he kept injection shots, it never helped. then he said I had to have a decompression done, he did that three weeks ago. now I have my foot in a cast up to my knee. I still have pain in the bottom of my foot up the back of my leg. and on the left side where he drilled the whole. is this normal for someone to have this much trouble after surgery. he explaned to me I should be fine in two weeks at the most. it is now going on six months. I just don't know what to do. Please help me if you can give some advice to what to do.
Thank You,
Vivian

Re: heel spur surgery

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054194)

You need to get all your records and seek a second opinion ASAP. It would be impossible to comment further without knowing everything that was done, what your doctor was thinking and the way you were initially and subsequently diagnosed.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/25/01 at 06:06 (054245)

Heel spur surgery takes sometime up to six months or more to get better.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054194)

You need to get all your records and seek a second opinion ASAP. It would be impossible to comment further without knowing everything that was done, what your doctor was thinking and the way you were initially and subsequently diagnosed.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/25/01 at 06:06 (054245)

Heel spur surgery takes sometime up to six months or more to get better.