Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What to do with all those shoes that you can't wear.

Posted by Andrea R. on 7/26/01 at 09:17 (054356)

Someone in our town came up with a great landscaping idea involving shoes.

They took pairs of shoes, put potted plants in them and arrange them on the lawn doing different sports. They change the layout about once a month.

At least our shoes could be doing the things we can't. I'm not sure what to do with the failed orthotics. Maybe mobiles? Any ideas?

Re: What to do with all those shoes that you can't wear.

Richard, C.Ped on 7/26/01 at 11:44 (054371)

there is always different groups such as the salvation army who will gladly take shoes.
Richard

Andrea R. on 7/26/01 at 12:53 (054375)

Richard,

Your right, there are many groups you can donate the good shoes you just can't wear. I've given them some very nice shoes.

I was thinking more of the some of my 'pre-PF' shoes that it would be cruel to make anyone wear; like those old gardening shoes or other odd shoes hiding in the back of the closet.

Julie on 7/27/01 at 01:54 (054429)

Andrea, I seem to remember that some people like to use their failed rigid orthotics as ice scrapers.

Richard, C.Ped on 7/26/01 at 11:44 (054371)

there is always different groups such as the salvation army who will gladly take shoes.
Richard

Andrea R. on 7/26/01 at 12:53 (054375)

Richard,

Your right, there are many groups you can donate the good shoes you just can't wear. I've given them some very nice shoes.

I was thinking more of the some of my 'pre-PF' shoes that it would be cruel to make anyone wear; like those old gardening shoes or other odd shoes hiding in the back of the closet.

Julie on 7/27/01 at 01:54 (054429)

Andrea, I seem to remember that some people like to use their failed rigid orthotics as ice scrapers.