Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Clark Shoes

Posted by Necee on 7/27/01 at 01:26 (054426)

I'm going to exchange my Birks next week, as I can't wear the style that I got. The store didn't have many styles to choose from in my size. In the meantime, I've been told that Clark shoes were really good, so here's my question, does anyone have any info they'd like to share concerning them?
I was told they offer the same support as Birks for a lot less money.
Thanks,
Necee

Re: not as good support

Carmen H on 7/30/01 at 13:04 (054818)

Hi Necee! I have been shoe shopping lately and going to The Walking Co. and trying on all kinds from Clarks, Mephistos, The Walking Co. brand, and more Birks. I asked about the Clarks and was told they don't offer as good of a support as the Birks....but my mother in law swears by them. She haD pf for years and after the PF was gone the Clarks were the best show for her. She has had one pair of Clarks for over 17 years....they have lasted forever! They are comfortable...but I guess it depends on what your foot needs. I don't know how much help this has been...
the price is comparable to Birks is you want the best shoe in Clarks. They aren't less expensive over in my neck of the woods...Check out
http://www.thewalkingco.com

Necee on 7/31/01 at 00:19 (054892)

Hi Carmen,
Hey thanks for the advice, I really do appreciate it.
I'm going to check out that website, and try different shoes, hope I can find a pair that suits my needs.
Thanks again,
Necee

Suzanne M on 8/06/01 at hrmin (055708)

I looked at the web site for The Walking Company. Do they understand pf and know how to fit a shoe that will support the foot
and help pf? I will begin teaching soon and need to find dress type shoes that will support my feet. I was thinking of going
to a Naturalizer store or would The Walking Company be a better place to go?

Shelley B on 9/04/01 at 19:19 (059033)

I have two pairs of Clark's Sunbeat sandals that I've worn from March thru October daily for three years. I'd wear them year-round if not for the snow and cold. I wear them to work and when traveling in Europe. I have PF and arthritis in my feet and I can walk for hours in these sandals and not feel any aches and pains at the end of the day. My sister started wearing them and loves them also. I cannot say enough about these sandals - I don't know why they work so well for me (they are pretty loose on my feet so I doubt I'm getting great support) - but I don't care as long as my feet don't hurt. Give them a try.

Carmen H on 7/30/01 at 13:04 (054818)

Hi Necee! I have been shoe shopping lately and going to The Walking Co. and trying on all kinds from Clarks, Mephistos, The Walking Co. brand, and more Birks. I asked about the Clarks and was told they don't offer as good of a support as the Birks....but my mother in law swears by them. She haD pf for years and after the PF was gone the Clarks were the best show for her. She has had one pair of Clarks for over 17 years....they have lasted forever! They are comfortable...but I guess it depends on what your foot needs. I don't know how much help this has been...
the price is comparable to Birks is you want the best shoe in Clarks. They aren't less expensive over in my neck of the woods...Check out
http://www.thewalkingco.com

Necee on 7/31/01 at 00:19 (054892)

Hi Carmen,
Hey thanks for the advice, I really do appreciate it.
I'm going to check out that website, and try different shoes, hope I can find a pair that suits my needs.
Thanks again,
Necee

Suzanne M on 8/06/01 at hrmin (055708)

I looked at the web site for The Walking Company. Do they understand pf and know how to fit a shoe that will support the foot
and help pf? I will begin teaching soon and need to find dress type shoes that will support my feet. I was thinking of going
to a Naturalizer store or would The Walking Company be a better place to go?

Shelley B on 9/04/01 at 19:19 (059033)

I have two pairs of Clark's Sunbeat sandals that I've worn from March thru October daily for three years. I'd wear them year-round if not for the snow and cold. I wear them to work and when traveling in Europe. I have PF and arthritis in my feet and I can walk for hours in these sandals and not feel any aches and pains at the end of the day. My sister started wearing them and loves them also. I cannot say enough about these sandals - I don't know why they work so well for me (they are pretty loose on my feet so I doubt I'm getting great support) - but I don't care as long as my feet don't hurt. Give them a try.