Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

No Barefeet in the tub? What do you wear when the rule is "No Barefeet in the tub"?

Posted by Linda on 7/27/01 at 08:44 (054449)

What recommendations do any of you have for footwear when bathing/showing. Are cheap plastic 'thongs' appropriate even though there is absolutly no arch support...or are the swimmer's sandles with the one strap across the forefoot better?

Re: No Barefeet in the tub? What do you wear when the rule is "No Barefeet in the tub"?

Julie on 7/27/01 at 09:11 (054459)

Footwear with arch support is better. You might investigate 'Birkies', a cheaper Birkenstock line made of a material called Birkiflor. A plastic, I think. I have a pair that I take to the pool, and they're fine.

Re: No Barefeet in the tub? What do you wear when the rule is "No Barefeet in the tub"?

David G. on 8/29/01 at hrmin (058344)

I had a hard plastic pair of orthotics made (waterproof) and put them in acqua shoes. I wear them in the shower, pool and the beach. I also use a chair to sit in the shower. This has really helped.

Julie on 7/27/01 at 09:11 (054459)

Footwear with arch support is better. You might investigate 'Birkies', a cheaper Birkenstock line made of a material called Birkiflor. A plastic, I think. I have a pair that I take to the pool, and they're fine.

David G. on 8/29/01 at hrmin (058344)

I had a hard plastic pair of orthotics made (waterproof) and put them in acqua shoes. I wear them in the shower, pool and the beach. I also use a chair to sit in the shower. This has really helped.