Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ossatron anyone?

Posted by b w on 7/27/01 at hrmin (054487)

My doc is now trained to use OssaTron (Extracorporeal Shock Wave) for plantar fasciitis, and is the first in town to use it. The one person she has treated with it is reporting a miraculous recovery -- first time with no pain in 11 years.

Has anyone else out there had this treatment? Results to report?

The FDA has approved its use for p. f. but the insurance companies are slow to agree to pay for it. Any tips?

Thanks!

Re: ossatron anyone?

Nancy N on 7/27/01 at 11:06 (054497)

B-W:

Check out the ESWT page and the ESWT message board. You'll find a lot of good information there, both from doctors who are using ESWT and those who have had the treatment.

Tracey on 7/28/01 at 00:51 (054598)

I have had ossatron bilaterraly 4 weeks ago. Have you? Are you considering it? What state?

BrianG on 7/28/01 at 12:14 (054637)

Hi b w,

You came to the right place. As menioned before, lots of information available here. Just wondering, have you personally spoken with the woman that was completely cured? Do you know how long it took before her pain was gone, after the treatment? Did she have more than one treatment? And I guess lastly, what city is this in?

Good luck
BCG

PS I'm not sure I'd like to be my doc's 2nd patient for ESWT. It would probably come down to how much trust I had in the doc.

Nancy N on 7/27/01 at 11:06 (054497)

B-W:

Check out the ESWT page and the ESWT message board. You'll find a lot of good information there, both from doctors who are using ESWT and those who have had the treatment.

Tracey on 7/28/01 at 00:51 (054598)

I have had ossatron bilaterraly 4 weeks ago. Have you? Are you considering it? What state?

BrianG on 7/28/01 at 12:14 (054637)

Hi b w,

You came to the right place. As menioned before, lots of information available here. Just wondering, have you personally spoken with the woman that was completely cured? Do you know how long it took before her pain was gone, after the treatment? Did she have more than one treatment? And I guess lastly, what city is this in?

Good luck
BCG

PS I'm not sure I'd like to be my doc's 2nd patient for ESWT. It would probably come down to how much trust I had in the doc.