Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

another virus came today

Posted by Tammie on 7/29/01 at 18:35 (054722)

Hello friends, I just wanted to mention I had a scare today I had some email in bulk one looked like maybe a freind it was from a dorris, my virus scanner came up stating I should run this first, I did and it said it was that sir whatever worm virus do not open, this one was scary as it looked way different but it did have the warning things alot of u mentioned here! The odd address , a large file, etc. I might have opented it as it said they were checking fonts and something else but my virus scanner worked for me!!!!! Thought I should say something tho as I wanted people to be aware it still is moving around! Thanks for all the help to identify thease things, I deleted right away!

Re: another virus came today

Lori E. on 7/30/01 at 13:00 (054816)

I got two virus messages yesterday. They both were the 'looking for your advice' ones.Both were from unknown senders and unknown adresses. I didn't open them, deleted them, deleted my deleted bin and then my hubby ran the anti virus program after emptying the recycle bin. Looks like all is okay I guess. It's still out there... make sure you clear out everything so its not just sitting in your deleted files folder. You can get antiviral programs from shareware and the like for free. Let's hope this is the end of it.

john h on 7/31/01 at 08:53 (054925)

go to mirosoft tammie and run the patch.

Re: John

Tammie on 7/31/01 at 09:29 (054933)

I am not sure how to do this I am really awful with computers and my hubby is so laid back he thinks virrus protector will take care of it I was looking yesterday at the sir cam one and even downloaded it like they said it is on my screen but then I got lost lol My college son is here today and maybe he will take a look , I really get lost on any computer jargon I am sorry but thanks for the advice I will try it!

Lori E. on 7/30/01 at 13:00 (054816)

I got two virus messages yesterday. They both were the 'looking for your advice' ones.Both were from unknown senders and unknown adresses. I didn't open them, deleted them, deleted my deleted bin and then my hubby ran the anti virus program after emptying the recycle bin. Looks like all is okay I guess. It's still out there... make sure you clear out everything so its not just sitting in your deleted files folder. You can get antiviral programs from shareware and the like for free. Let's hope this is the end of it.

john h on 7/31/01 at 08:53 (054925)

go to mirosoft tammie and run the patch.

Re: John

Tammie on 7/31/01 at 09:29 (054933)

I am not sure how to do this I am really awful with computers and my hubby is so laid back he thinks virrus protector will take care of it I was looking yesterday at the sir cam one and even downloaded it like they said it is on my screen but then I got lost lol My college son is here today and maybe he will take a look , I really get lost on any computer jargon I am sorry but thanks for the advice I will try it!