Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is this possible?

Posted by Tammie on 7/29/01 at 18:47 (054724)

Hi,
What would u say if I stated that the tingling and throbbing sorts of pain are now in my other foot which has been fine , is it possibe that I am crazy? No really it is on inside of foot ankle area, but it is on both feet now, should I be concerned or is this normal also? I do see my pod on wed, but have been wondering if I am going crazy or if this can be happining? Please any thoughts would be apreciated!

Re: Is this possible?ok so I will answer my self lol

Tammie on 7/30/01 at 21:52 (054875)

No I am not crazy it is happening and I guess the throbbing in that non surg foot could be related to compensation of the sugery foot still being a pain,
and reading your posts I realize u dont like the area my pod did the release on , which really makes me wonder if we are dealing with some nerve areas now for sure as was done on the inside of ankle,and at 15 weeks it should be much better , at least with lessoning symptoms ok so now if he wants to hit me with cortisone do I or is there a risk, I have had 3 last in april , before surgery. I am thinking he is going to say hit with cortisone and some pt and if I insist I can return to work maybe part time, how am I doing , I think not bad for little knowledge , my hubby thinks I spend to much time here and emailing my friends from here he thinks I dwell on feet here to much lol so now that i talk to myself and answer maybe he is right! I guess if I am on the right track I can think out my questions for my pod as Julie once told me to write it down and leave room for the answers , any other questions i should ask? lol thanks Tammie for listening to me and letting me think this out without stressing anymore! Now be a good girl and go do your sons dishes as they for sure will be sitting on the counter where he ate! LOL Good bye if anyone reads this I hope I at least give u a good chuckle and oh yeah I am not giving and information to where i live as I dont want the nearest padded room lodgings quite yet heehh! Have a good day to all!

Laurie R on 7/30/01 at 23:54 (054891)

Hi Tammy ,
I wished I had the answer for you ,but it looks like Tammie helped you out instead ....LOL ... About the cortisone I would really think this one through ... Did the other three work for you ?If not, I sure would not do another one.. I can tell you I had 3 or 4 I can't remember ,but I do remember they did not help me at all.

I do hope for you that you can get some answers to your questions and your pain on Wed ...I wish you the best of luck as we all know how hard it is sometimes at the appointments.. Please le tus know how it goes...

Your friend , Laurie R

ellen w on 7/31/01 at 09:54 (054943)

Hi Tammie,

If your doc suggests a cortizone shot and you're not sure about it, ask him about taking an oral dose instead. I took one of these 5-day medrol-something packs and it helped. (You take 5 pills the first day, four the next, and so on till you're down to 0). While on it, the results were dramatic; I was able to move like I hadn't in years. That didn't last, a week or two after the last dose, I was back to being stiff, but I wasn't quite as bad as before. What I believe it did was 'bounce' me over a plateau I had reached. This helped for stiffness and inflammation -- if your problem is from nerves, don't know if it will help. (If you go this route, just be aware that you can have some mood-swing side effects, so warn your family in advance...)
You are the best,
ellen

Re: ellen I am really laughing

tammie on 7/31/01 at 10:23 (054952)

Oh no mood swings oh that is cake then lol as what the hay i can just add that to my list of things ( that supposedly are not so lol) I already am expierancing them without the pills lol maybe they will straighten them out ! Hugs to u and thanks!

Tammie on 7/30/01 at 21:52 (054875)

No I am not crazy it is happening and I guess the throbbing in that non surg foot could be related to compensation of the sugery foot still being a pain,
and reading your posts I realize u dont like the area my pod did the release on , which really makes me wonder if we are dealing with some nerve areas now for sure as was done on the inside of ankle,and at 15 weeks it should be much better , at least with lessoning symptoms ok so now if he wants to hit me with cortisone do I or is there a risk, I have had 3 last in april , before surgery. I am thinking he is going to say hit with cortisone and some pt and if I insist I can return to work maybe part time, how am I doing , I think not bad for little knowledge , my hubby thinks I spend to much time here and emailing my friends from here he thinks I dwell on feet here to much lol so now that i talk to myself and answer maybe he is right! I guess if I am on the right track I can think out my questions for my pod as Julie once told me to write it down and leave room for the answers , any other questions i should ask? lol thanks Tammie for listening to me and letting me think this out without stressing anymore! Now be a good girl and go do your sons dishes as they for sure will be sitting on the counter where he ate! LOL Good bye if anyone reads this I hope I at least give u a good chuckle and oh yeah I am not giving and information to where i live as I dont want the nearest padded room lodgings quite yet heehh! Have a good day to all!

Laurie R on 7/30/01 at 23:54 (054891)

Hi Tammy ,
I wished I had the answer for you ,but it looks like Tammie helped you out instead ....LOL ... About the cortisone I would really think this one through ... Did the other three work for you ?If not, I sure would not do another one.. I can tell you I had 3 or 4 I can't remember ,but I do remember they did not help me at all.

I do hope for you that you can get some answers to your questions and your pain on Wed ...I wish you the best of luck as we all know how hard it is sometimes at the appointments.. Please le tus know how it goes...

Your friend , Laurie R

ellen w on 7/31/01 at 09:54 (054943)

Hi Tammie,

If your doc suggests a cortizone shot and you're not sure about it, ask him about taking an oral dose instead. I took one of these 5-day medrol-something packs and it helped. (You take 5 pills the first day, four the next, and so on till you're down to 0). While on it, the results were dramatic; I was able to move like I hadn't in years. That didn't last, a week or two after the last dose, I was back to being stiff, but I wasn't quite as bad as before. What I believe it did was 'bounce' me over a plateau I had reached. This helped for stiffness and inflammation -- if your problem is from nerves, don't know if it will help. (If you go this route, just be aware that you can have some mood-swing side effects, so warn your family in advance...)
You are the best,
ellen

Re: ellen I am really laughing

tammie on 7/31/01 at 10:23 (054952)

Oh no mood swings oh that is cake then lol as what the hay i can just add that to my list of things ( that supposedly are not so lol) I already am expierancing them without the pills lol maybe they will straighten them out ! Hugs to u and thanks!