Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Calcaneal heel spur

Posted by Manju B on 7/29/01 at hrmin (054735)

I have calcaneal heel spur in my right heel according to X-ray report. I am looking for recommendations for the correct shoe & shoe insert for alleviating this problem. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Calcaneal heel spur

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/30/01 at 09:22 (054784)

Take a look at the search engine under shoes. I like SAS shoes myself.
If you have severe abnormal foot and lower extremity function then biomechanical orthosis can really help you alot

John r. on 7/30/01 at hrmin (054835)

I am 60 years old - never had any kind of a foot problem - the other morning returning from my walk my heel started bothering me and it has continued for 5 weeks now - feels like a stone bruise on my right heel and seems to be worse 1st thing in the morning upon rising - does this go away or does it require surgery?

Mandy J. on 7/30/01 at 15:58 (054836)

My husband has had great results with SAS shoes with a 'spinko' insert. Since he started wearing them his heel pain has completely subsided. It took about two weeks to notice full relief.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/30/01 at 09:22 (054784)

Take a look at the search engine under shoes. I like SAS shoes myself.
If you have severe abnormal foot and lower extremity function then biomechanical orthosis can really help you alot

John r. on 7/30/01 at hrmin (054835)

I am 60 years old - never had any kind of a foot problem - the other morning returning from my walk my heel started bothering me and it has continued for 5 weeks now - feels like a stone bruise on my right heel and seems to be worse 1st thing in the morning upon rising - does this go away or does it require surgery?

Mandy J. on 7/30/01 at 15:58 (054836)

My husband has had great results with SAS shoes with a 'spinko' insert. Since he started wearing them his heel pain has completely subsided. It took about two weeks to notice full relief.