Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Rubber mats help!!

Posted by Carmen H on 7/30/01 at 08:50 (054779)

Just an idea and not sure if this has been posted before by anyone else. BUT...when I worked at the restaurant with the cement/tile and hardwood on concrete floors I had a rubber mat I used to stand on while I pulled food and expedited the orders for 10 hours at a time. (I didn't have it EVERY time... would have helped if I did) it wa a thick rubber mat with holes in it you can get at any restaurant wholesale store or rubber company. They are used to prevent slipping on wet floors etc. but for those of you working on hard floors (concrete,cement etc) this would be a lifesaver if you stay in one area for the whole day. Not sure how many people stand still in one spot all day (production or manufacturing) but I would request it from my employer. Provides a cushiony feel under feet and supports the back better too.

Re: Rubber mats help!!

Richard, C.Ped on 7/30/01 at 09:36 (054789)

Rubber fatigue mats are wonderful. Before I got into pedorthics, I worked in a home health care pharmacy. I mixed IV medications. I had to stand for about 8 hours at a time. No sitting. We were given fatigue mats, and man, what a difference. I would highly recommend that people ask their boss or manager about these mats. They are not really expensive.
Richard, C.Ped

Andrea R. on 7/30/01 at 13:52 (054827)

You can usually find the smaller ones at an office supply store. They are known as anti-fatique mats.

Larger ones are available through industrial supply catalogs or from companies that specialize in ergonomic office and industrial furniture. They are available in different types of materials, to fit the enviroment of the area, and various sizes.

Richard, C.Ped on 7/30/01 at 09:36 (054789)

Rubber fatigue mats are wonderful. Before I got into pedorthics, I worked in a home health care pharmacy. I mixed IV medications. I had to stand for about 8 hours at a time. No sitting. We were given fatigue mats, and man, what a difference. I would highly recommend that people ask their boss or manager about these mats. They are not really expensive.
Richard, C.Ped

Andrea R. on 7/30/01 at 13:52 (054827)

You can usually find the smaller ones at an office supply store. They are known as anti-fatique mats.

Larger ones are available through industrial supply catalogs or from companies that specialize in ergonomic office and industrial furniture. They are available in different types of materials, to fit the enviroment of the area, and various sizes.