Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ladies Shoes

Posted by john h on 7/31/01 at 09:37 (054936)

i watched a lady orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon on tv recently. she also designs womens shoes. some things i remember: never wear heels higher than 2'. a 5' heel will distribute 7 times your normal weight from your heel to the balls of your feet. have at least 1/2' toe room to allow for your foot to move back and forth which it will do when walking. have some room in your shoe width. have shoes with adequate arch support. have shoes that will breathe. have shoe material that has some 'give' to it. buy shoes late in the day when your feet are probably swollen. shoe stores generally have very thick pads under their carpet and when walking around the shoe store your shoes may feel really great but once you hit the sidewalks they are very different. happy shopping girls!!

Re: Ladies Shoes

Glenn X on 7/31/01 at hrmin (054962)

John: Great advice. 5' heels? Cripes, it's a wonder some women can walk at all. Course I've always been astonished by the abilities of women in high heels ... walking abilities that is! I know all too little about this piece of the puzzle ... shoes that is! Thanks.

Re: Ladies Shoes

Glenn X on 7/31/01 at hrmin (054962)

John: Great advice. 5' heels? Cripes, it's a wonder some women can walk at all. Course I've always been astonished by the abilities of women in high heels ... walking abilities that is! I know all too little about this piece of the puzzle ... shoes that is! Thanks.