Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Please, I need advise! So much done and NO improvment.

Posted by Shannon on 7/31/01 at 22:03 (055020)

Hello. I had tarcel t. surgery ( strightend out my nerves), and endoscopic surgery for heel spur. Both in 1 year. I had many injections, ortodics, 8 different medicines, ice, physical therapy,4 different docs, and nothing has helped my pain. I can stand for about 1 hour and then I'm done. My feet feel like I'm walking on a rock, I get shooting pains all over my (right) foot. Can anything help me? My one doctor says I shouldn't work in a factory anymore but I'm not qualified for anything else. Could I get disabilty income? I'm so depressed and angry about this, it's been 3 years of pain!!! Any advise you could send my way I would be very greatful.

Thank you, Shannon

Re: Please, I need advise! So much done and NO improvment.

Laurie R on 8/01/01 at 01:15 (055035)

Hello Shannon, I am not a doctor ,but until they answer you I wanted to say welcome to the board. I have had PF now for over two years and I am still in so much pain. If nothing else I can offer you my support . I would think you can get disability for this. Now the thing you need to do is have your doctor fill out the paperwork. It is up to your doctor . If he or she feels you can not do your job due to this then that is all you need. I don't know where you live each state has their own laws. I have been off work now for almost two years with this. I get workmans comp .I first hurt my foot at work. Did you injur your foot at work?? Let me know if I can help you in any way....Laurie R

Shannon on 8/01/01 at 09:24 (055051)

Hi Laurie. I'm sorry to hear that you suffer too. When this all started, work said it was not due to them. Although I had no problems before. I am so sick of the pain!!!
My pod. sent me to this one doc ( pain spec) and he put me back to work with 1-3 hours standing. I can't do it!! I see him again Friday and I'm afraid he is going to 'screw' with me again! What would you say to him to get him to LISTEN? I was so mad when I left. He was rude!
Any info from you or the docs, helps a lot. Thank you.

P.S are there any doctors that really care, or do they like to keep having people make a million visits?

Regina Brown on 8/01/01 at 09:35 (055053)

Hello Shannon,
Boy,can I identify with some of your foot pain! I have had EPF surgery in May of this year and am still having difficulty.I also tried injections,wrappings beforehand also.Drs.tell me it can take up to 6 months before can tell difference so I am hopeful that will be my case.I still have pain when I first get up from resting,etc.and soreness.I have just recently completed some physical therapy sessions that lasted a month and I really can't seem to tell a difference yet either in that.It sure can get frustrating I agree! We are all in this together and I hope you the best about trying for disability for this.Keep hanging in there as we all know what you are going thru. Best to you,Regina

Laurie R on 8/01/01 at 12:52 (055086)

Hi again Shannon,
Yes their are doctors that care. Sometimes it takes a while to find them. Here is my advise for what it is worth. I would have a list done before I went to see this doctor on Friday . I would make sure he listened to me before I left .Stand by the door if you have to ...really .I am very ,very lucky I have a wonderful Pod . He also has PF so he understands the pain all to well. The first time I went to see him he gave me a month off of work. I have been off ever since. I have been a bartender all my adult life. He knew their was no way I could do my job with the way my foot is . Sometimes it takes going to a few doctors till you find the one that is best for you. I really feel for you .Meaning youa re in this much pain and your doctor did not listen to you . That is not right at all. You are paying him for a service .

Now you say when this all started your job said that it was not due to the job???How do they know that ?? Did you hurt your foot at work or twist it or any type of injury at all??? If you did you can get workmans comp. The thing is you only have 1 year to file a claim. I live in CA and that is our law.

PLEASE before your appointment on Friday write a list of what you would like to ask your doctor . Than when you go and after he checks your foot start asking him. If you can not even stand one hour how do they exspect you to work 8 hours. I did it for three months when I first got PF and I am still paying for it to this day.

What kind of treatment have you had so far. Have you had PT ultra sound?? Their are also some wonderful medicines out there to . Have you had an MRI yet to see what is going on inside your foot??

I hope this can help you in some way . Let me know if I can help at all. We all aree here to help each other.

My best to you,Laurie R

Shannon on 8/01/01 at 21:17 (055159)

Hello again. As for the list to bring in, I did that and he still had his own idea of what I am or am not going through. I am picking up my records from the hospital tommorow (mri, and bone density tests). If he still refuses to listen I will seek a laywer. It's a long story but 2 of the docs did me wrong. I did have PT ultra sound, it did'nt help either. I am at my wits end!!! I use my boyfriends pc so I will write back Friday evening to vent to you about my doc visit, hopefully I will have better news.

___ I forgot, I did'nt twist or injure my foot at work, 3 docs say factory work had nothing to do with it, funny, I was fine before the steel toe boots!!!

Take care of yourself!! Shannon

terri on 8/01/01 at hrmin (055161)

i have plantar flasciitis , i had surgery may 29 2001, my problem is still no better, in fact it is worse,my doctor says there is nothing else he can do. i work in a factory that requires 8 hrs standing , there is no way i can do my job. now he is sending me to therpy , it has not worked, just making the pain worse. please give me some advice so i can return to work and do my job without the pain. thankyou terri

Laurie R on 8/01/01 at 01:15 (055035)

Hello Shannon, I am not a doctor ,but until they answer you I wanted to say welcome to the board. I have had PF now for over two years and I am still in so much pain. If nothing else I can offer you my support . I would think you can get disability for this. Now the thing you need to do is have your doctor fill out the paperwork. It is up to your doctor . If he or she feels you can not do your job due to this then that is all you need. I don't know where you live each state has their own laws. I have been off work now for almost two years with this. I get workmans comp .I first hurt my foot at work. Did you injur your foot at work?? Let me know if I can help you in any way....Laurie R

Shannon on 8/01/01 at 09:24 (055051)

Hi Laurie. I'm sorry to hear that you suffer too. When this all started, work said it was not due to them. Although I had no problems before. I am so sick of the pain!!!
My pod. sent me to this one doc ( pain spec) and he put me back to work with 1-3 hours standing. I can't do it!! I see him again Friday and I'm afraid he is going to 'screw' with me again! What would you say to him to get him to LISTEN? I was so mad when I left. He was rude!
Any info from you or the docs, helps a lot. Thank you.

P.S are there any doctors that really care, or do they like to keep having people make a million visits?

Regina Brown on 8/01/01 at 09:35 (055053)

Hello Shannon,
Boy,can I identify with some of your foot pain! I have had EPF surgery in May of this year and am still having difficulty.I also tried injections,wrappings beforehand also.Drs.tell me it can take up to 6 months before can tell difference so I am hopeful that will be my case.I still have pain when I first get up from resting,etc.and soreness.I have just recently completed some physical therapy sessions that lasted a month and I really can't seem to tell a difference yet either in that.It sure can get frustrating I agree! We are all in this together and I hope you the best about trying for disability for this.Keep hanging in there as we all know what you are going thru. Best to you,Regina

Laurie R on 8/01/01 at 12:52 (055086)

Hi again Shannon,
Yes their are doctors that care. Sometimes it takes a while to find them. Here is my advise for what it is worth. I would have a list done before I went to see this doctor on Friday . I would make sure he listened to me before I left .Stand by the door if you have to ...really .I am very ,very lucky I have a wonderful Pod . He also has PF so he understands the pain all to well. The first time I went to see him he gave me a month off of work. I have been off ever since. I have been a bartender all my adult life. He knew their was no way I could do my job with the way my foot is . Sometimes it takes going to a few doctors till you find the one that is best for you. I really feel for you .Meaning youa re in this much pain and your doctor did not listen to you . That is not right at all. You are paying him for a service .

Now you say when this all started your job said that it was not due to the job???How do they know that ?? Did you hurt your foot at work or twist it or any type of injury at all??? If you did you can get workmans comp. The thing is you only have 1 year to file a claim. I live in CA and that is our law.

PLEASE before your appointment on Friday write a list of what you would like to ask your doctor . Than when you go and after he checks your foot start asking him. If you can not even stand one hour how do they exspect you to work 8 hours. I did it for three months when I first got PF and I am still paying for it to this day.

What kind of treatment have you had so far. Have you had PT ultra sound?? Their are also some wonderful medicines out there to . Have you had an MRI yet to see what is going on inside your foot??

I hope this can help you in some way . Let me know if I can help at all. We all aree here to help each other.

My best to you,Laurie R

Shannon on 8/01/01 at 21:17 (055159)

Hello again. As for the list to bring in, I did that and he still had his own idea of what I am or am not going through. I am picking up my records from the hospital tommorow (mri, and bone density tests). If he still refuses to listen I will seek a laywer. It's a long story but 2 of the docs did me wrong. I did have PT ultra sound, it did'nt help either. I am at my wits end!!! I use my boyfriends pc so I will write back Friday evening to vent to you about my doc visit, hopefully I will have better news.

___ I forgot, I did'nt twist or injure my foot at work, 3 docs say factory work had nothing to do with it, funny, I was fine before the steel toe boots!!!

Take care of yourself!! Shannon

terri on 8/01/01 at hrmin (055161)

i have plantar flasciitis , i had surgery may 29 2001, my problem is still no better, in fact it is worse,my doctor says there is nothing else he can do. i work in a factory that requires 8 hrs standing , there is no way i can do my job. now he is sending me to therpy , it has not worked, just making the pain worse. please give me some advice so i can return to work and do my job without the pain. thankyou terri