Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What is tibial neuritis?

Posted by Tammie on 8/01/01 at 10:18 (055061)

Please could you explain what this is as I read this on my script for pt. I had the pf release done and now this is the new diagnosis.Thank u I will post later on all the pod had to say! Thanks I am going to try to find out what this really means and not such foriegn words to me! I felt I was in mumbo jumbo land he mentioned and compared it to like carpal tunnel ? Only my foot. Gave me a cortisone shot oh yummy love those, and a new script for something called mobic and sending me to pt x3 for 4 weeks wish I could understand what he wrote on script for that alls I could make out was the tibial neuritits L which I assume means left foot . Then special inst, says US/interfer???iol ??? Not sure on exact jeeze reading my spelling is easier lol figure first is the ultrasound but unsure of the next! Thanks for the help!

Re: What is tibial neuritis?

ellen w on 8/01/01 at 11:18 (055071)

Tammie,
Mobic is an osteoarthritis drug that I took for the first time last month. Found it very helpful. My prescription ran out about 5 days ago and my foot is back to hurting -- so I am definitely going to ask for a refill. One of the things that's nice about it is it's one small pill that you take once a day. It's supposed to last 24 hours -- I found it lasted more like 18. I had no side effects other than a slight tinny taste in my mouth about an hour after taking it.
ellen

Re: I tried Mobic last week

Carmen H on 8/01/01 at 16:26 (055120)

I found the Mobic to be helpful for about three days and then not very much relief from it. Trying Celebrex next.....
Also my insurance won't cover Mobic. Apparently it's relatively 'new' to the US but widely used in Europe?? that's what the doc says....

Re: What is tibial neuritis?

ellen w on 8/01/01 at 11:18 (055071)

Tammie,
Mobic is an osteoarthritis drug that I took for the first time last month. Found it very helpful. My prescription ran out about 5 days ago and my foot is back to hurting -- so I am definitely going to ask for a refill. One of the things that's nice about it is it's one small pill that you take once a day. It's supposed to last 24 hours -- I found it lasted more like 18. I had no side effects other than a slight tinny taste in my mouth about an hour after taking it.
ellen

Re: I tried Mobic last week

Carmen H on 8/01/01 at 16:26 (055120)

I found the Mobic to be helpful for about three days and then not very much relief from it. Trying Celebrex next.....
Also my insurance won't cover Mobic. Apparently it's relatively 'new' to the US but widely used in Europe?? that's what the doc says....