Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Seen the pod today

Posted by Tammie on 8/01/01 at 11:03 (055066)

Well here is the scoop about 15 weeks post op for pf release , Think that is doing well, but seems there is some problem with this nerve junk he explains it again , like a carpal tunnel likeness, only the foot. I am not sure of the name as he really did not give it one, I do see on his script for pt that he lists tibiol neuritis as the diagnosis. Whatever that is ! I did tell him all that was bothering me or at least allot, I knew in my heart he was going to injet with cortisone and sure enough he did this, I will say this I did not find this at all pleasant, I know he gave a couple of clicks of that numb stuff but I will say that ohhhh my could feel jingles and jolts and stuff all the way to my toes, nope did not like this at all, he was tring to be gentle I will say that and maybe since I have such a fear of thease shots it does not help anything, but am definetly glad it is done, but he said maybe a couple more? He said hopefully 1 will do it but he will see me in 2 weeks, and pt for 3 times a week for 4 weeks, and he said hopefully thease methods would take care of it with my orthodics and he stressed again about NO barefeet, and he taped foot. He did say tho if this did not take care of it there was a surgery and started to explain but I blocked out as I DID NOT want to hear this! I asked him what he thought about work , he hesitated and I said will it do any more damage if I work with it he said yes it might , he said lets do the couple weeks and see what we have and then we can see. My hubby did go with me and I do believe he does understand while he there anyways cause he told the dr. a few things I intentionally left out such as the day wears on and I begin to have a limp and when I get up I sometimes have a limp , but u know I do not notice this, I think I am acustomed to it sometimes that I dont see it. But in any case he feels pretty good about the release surgery but now thinks we need to deal with this other problem as he had said long ago that he felt there might be some trouble there but hoped it would be helped with correcting the other stuff.he is a positive person I think so we shall see. He said all the stuff about worsening at night and the bruised feeling and the feeling of heet I told him I was having hot flashes in my feet lol. He said all relate to this , Whatever I am to tired to argue, and I think this is and has been a problem for some time . The tape feels good on my foot today, but my toe is tingling and foot a bit ,maybe cortisone will help, and the mobic and pt. I will get thr this to, If Julie reads this , I kept thinking about what you have wrote to me one question one answer one breath one relief lol I do believe it was you. I have decided fianlly to relax and one day at a time and try to deal today not tomorrow or next week. Thanks for all the continued support! Hopefully this will soon have some good results! I must go now but I wanted to update my friends who were thinking of me, I had thoughts of all you dear people when I was on the way there and while in the office waiting and then trying to remember what was important lol!Hugs to all

Re: Make the best of the PT

BrianG on 8/01/01 at 11:29 (055076)

Hi Tammy,

I'm glad your husband was able to go with you, and add the parts you had left out about the additional pain. Did the doc use any lidocaine with the cortisone. After my shots, I had no pain, I felt like I could have run the Boston Marathon, for an hour anyways. I'm glad you we're honest with your doc and let him make the decisions about returning to work. Rest up and don't enjoy the next two weeks too much, don't want to make anyone green with envey now, do we!!! If they only knew......

BCG

Re: Seen the pod today

Julie on 8/01/01 at 11:31 (055077)

Hi Tammie

I'm glad your doctor visit it over! I know you were worried about it and I'm glad that it seems to have moved you forward somewhat and that you're hopeful about the PT, which I'm sure will help you. We were all there with you.

If you can relax and deal with one day, one minute, at a time, all will be well.

Laurie R on 8/01/01 at 12:56 (055087)

Hello Tammie, It sounds like your Pod took your pain seriously ... I am so happy for you that your visit is over. The first thing I did today when I got up was look for your updated post. I hope your cortisone shot helps you . Did the others shots you had help in any way ?? I think it is a great idea that you will be starting PT. My foot is so bad ,but I really think it would be a lot worse without PT . So is what he is saying is you have a lot of imflammation going on in your foot?? My very best to you Tammie.

Your friend ,Laurie (((((((TAMMIE))))))))))

Re: Re:I am not sure

Tammie on 8/01/01 at 14:52 (055104)

Well first thanks friends for he support yes I am glad my hubby did finally give and come it was good for him and good for me . He could see and hear for himself where I am at . And it shows that I am not a fake! I dont know why but that seems to be such a issue with me it hurts to much maybe more then pain to think people who say they love or care about me , dont believe when I say it is not better and it still has pain. I think him seeing and hearing the dr. and myself helped allot. In any case I do thank you all again. Julie I just dont know how you are so calm? It always amazes me how calm and collected you seem and so very smart on all this stuff, actually all of you. I have patience really I do but not when it comes to me I am learning more now, but I am a slow learner so it is taking me longer! Laurie, the other shots I had did nothing, this one was in the ankle I about thought I died I mean it, he did a couple numbing, but those hurt to as it was where u touch and u go owwwwww , u know THE spot, he says does this hurt I said YES it hurts , he said I am sorry but i want to get it where the most pain is, dont jump, yes right now dont jump,,nope not a favorite no no no! He said it is a condition like carpal tunnel only in the foot He did not give me a formal name , he did write on scrip pad for pt that tibial neuritis, whatever that means! Said treatment is the cortisone and pt and if no sucess there is a surgery. I did not hear any of that. So now I am waiting for some of my more expieranced friends lol or dr. to maybe give me the low down of what it is. LOl I have a hard time thinking there as I forget or am in a daze and focused on the former issues I forget to ask the questions to answer what he just tells me! Oh well he does seem to be a bit nicer and a bit more concerned, i dont know what really he was telling me , he did not mention inflamation at all, but he gave me a script for mobic , so must think some there. Well maybe a chat later this evening!Thanks friends!

Laurie R on 8/01/01 at 16:01 (055116)

Hey Tammie , To me from what you are saying is you may have TTS Tarsel Tunnel syndrome ... That is where you have an entrapped nerve in the tarsel tunnel area. I believe my Pod still thinks I have this. I have always have had pain in this area.. My foot tingles and goes numb. Very ,very painful .... There is a lot to read about this . Wendy did a wonderul write up on the TTS board. Plus I am sure if you ask her she can help you with your questions. I have been told that you treat it the same way as PF .....Hugs Laurie R

wendyn on 8/01/01 at 17:37 (055131)

Tammie - the foot equivalent to carpal tunnel is Tarsal Tunnel. There are a number of us on the board who have it. Tibial neuritis would be the same thing (I believe) - neuritis is an inflamed/irritated nerve - the tib nerve is the one involved with TTS (Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome).

TTS is exceptionally painful, I hope the shot will help.

Do you have this in both feet or just one?

Andrea R. on 8/02/01 at 10:51 (055205)

Tammie,

I saw my doc today because I've been having pain on the side of my foot too. I'm 10 weeks post-op. He feels it is the foot adjusting to supporting the arch without the entire PF. He told me to take naproxin and continue icing the area (which definitely does help).

I find it gets worse over the course of the day. I also find alternating between my New Balance walkers with orthotics, to my Birks helps too. I also ice the side of my foot and use Ibuprofen Cream.

If it gets worse we will discuss going to PT for iontophoresis or putting on a cast for a while.

All the best.

Andrea

Re: Make the best of the PT

BrianG on 8/01/01 at 11:29 (055076)

Hi Tammy,

I'm glad your husband was able to go with you, and add the parts you had left out about the additional pain. Did the doc use any lidocaine with the cortisone. After my shots, I had no pain, I felt like I could have run the Boston Marathon, for an hour anyways. I'm glad you we're honest with your doc and let him make the decisions about returning to work. Rest up and don't enjoy the next two weeks too much, don't want to make anyone green with envey now, do we!!! If they only knew......

BCG

Julie on 8/01/01 at 11:31 (055077)

Hi Tammie

I'm glad your doctor visit it over! I know you were worried about it and I'm glad that it seems to have moved you forward somewhat and that you're hopeful about the PT, which I'm sure will help you. We were all there with you.

If you can relax and deal with one day, one minute, at a time, all will be well.

Laurie R on 8/01/01 at 12:56 (055087)

Hello Tammie, It sounds like your Pod took your pain seriously ... I am so happy for you that your visit is over. The first thing I did today when I got up was look for your updated post. I hope your cortisone shot helps you . Did the others shots you had help in any way ?? I think it is a great idea that you will be starting PT. My foot is so bad ,but I really think it would be a lot worse without PT . So is what he is saying is you have a lot of imflammation going on in your foot?? My very best to you Tammie.

Your friend ,Laurie (((((((TAMMIE))))))))))

Tammie on 8/01/01 at 14:52 (055104)

Well first thanks friends for he support yes I am glad my hubby did finally give and come it was good for him and good for me . He could see and hear for himself where I am at . And it shows that I am not a fake! I dont know why but that seems to be such a issue with me it hurts to much maybe more then pain to think people who say they love or care about me , dont believe when I say it is not better and it still has pain. I think him seeing and hearing the dr. and myself helped allot. In any case I do thank you all again. Julie I just dont know how you are so calm? It always amazes me how calm and collected you seem and so very smart on all this stuff, actually all of you. I have patience really I do but not when it comes to me I am learning more now, but I am a slow learner so it is taking me longer! Laurie, the other shots I had did nothing, this one was in the ankle I about thought I died I mean it, he did a couple numbing, but those hurt to as it was where u touch and u go owwwwww , u know THE spot, he says does this hurt I said YES it hurts , he said I am sorry but i want to get it where the most pain is, dont jump, yes right now dont jump,,nope not a favorite no no no! He said it is a condition like carpal tunnel only in the foot He did not give me a formal name , he did write on scrip pad for pt that tibial neuritis, whatever that means! Said treatment is the cortisone and pt and if no sucess there is a surgery. I did not hear any of that. So now I am waiting for some of my more expieranced friends lol or dr. to maybe give me the low down of what it is. LOl I have a hard time thinking there as I forget or am in a daze and focused on the former issues I forget to ask the questions to answer what he just tells me! Oh well he does seem to be a bit nicer and a bit more concerned, i dont know what really he was telling me , he did not mention inflamation at all, but he gave me a script for mobic , so must think some there. Well maybe a chat later this evening!Thanks friends!

Laurie R on 8/01/01 at 16:01 (055116)

Hey Tammie , To me from what you are saying is you may have TTS Tarsel Tunnel syndrome ... That is where you have an entrapped nerve in the tarsel tunnel area. I believe my Pod still thinks I have this. I have always have had pain in this area.. My foot tingles and goes numb. Very ,very painful .... There is a lot to read about this . Wendy did a wonderul write up on the TTS board. Plus I am sure if you ask her she can help you with your questions. I have been told that you treat it the same way as PF .....Hugs Laurie R

wendyn on 8/01/01 at 17:37 (055131)

Tammie - the foot equivalent to carpal tunnel is Tarsal Tunnel. There are a number of us on the board who have it. Tibial neuritis would be the same thing (I believe) - neuritis is an inflamed/irritated nerve - the tib nerve is the one involved with TTS (Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome).

TTS is exceptionally painful, I hope the shot will help.

Do you have this in both feet or just one?

Andrea R. on 8/02/01 at 10:51 (055205)

Tammie,

I saw my doc today because I've been having pain on the side of my foot too. I'm 10 weeks post-op. He feels it is the foot adjusting to supporting the arch without the entire PF. He told me to take naproxin and continue icing the area (which definitely does help).

I find it gets worse over the course of the day. I also find alternating between my New Balance walkers with orthotics, to my Birks helps too. I also ice the side of my foot and use Ibuprofen Cream.

If it gets worse we will discuss going to PT for iontophoresis or putting on a cast for a while.

All the best.

Andrea