Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

interesting note

Posted by Scott R on 8/01/01 at 23:16 (055166)

It ain't true since $250 ain't squat, but here's an interesting post from podiatry online:
====================
Subj:   Answer/Discussion: Ossatron/ESW Therapy: Has Podiatric Medicine Been Duped!

What's going on here: $250.00 bucks for the training/certification from
Ossatron.  Twelve attempts to get a patient pre-certified for insurance
reimbursement for ESW therapy ...all rejected to date! 
Lets see: $250.00 x hundreds of certified pods, + others = a lot of cash for Ossatron.  Have we been duped!  Patient's are not happy - and think less of us - when we share the ESW video and literature - and then tell them it's NO GO on the insurance.  Perhaps a class action discussion with Ossatron is worthy of consideration!

Re: interesting note

Richard Perez, DPM on 8/02/01 at 12:08 (055210)

He needs to take a chill pill..

Re: The public has the control over this

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/02/01 at 14:24 (055225)

What has to happen is a general discussion with the patient about insurance and what the cost is period. Patients are going to get very angry when after the procedure they are told that the insurance won't pay.

I had this discussion about ESWT and the FDA process. I told you over one year ago that it is the patient that is going to suffer due to the Class three six million dollar process that is now required for companies to provide ESWT to the public. Just think Renal lithotripsy is class two and pf/heels spur ESWT is a clas three. Why is that . Who determined this.

The public is the only medium to address this with. Write to the FDA and demand that they take a good look at what the cost of ESWT is and how limited it is due to the hugh expense that companies like healthronics have to spend to bring ESWT into the USA market.

ESWT is a class one if not at the most a class two procedure.

So long as the class three FDA process is there there is going to be a hugh expense to the patient, the insurance companies and the patients won't be able to get non-invasive treatments such as ESWT.

I am told that over one thousand ESWT treatment with the ossatron have been done so far . So lets seen that about two per certified ESWT doctors. Wow!!!!

Change will only come when the public demands it not the doctors.

footpro on 8/04/01 at 09:09 (055428)

We have also had problems getting patients certified for the procedure. I spent roughly 1000 dollars (training / travel) not to mention loss of 2 days of seeing patients in my office to go to the certification / training course in Atlanta. Insurance companies here in the Panhandle of Flroida is not paying for it period. There has been only one company to even consider it and then declined the procedure. Since being certified in May for the therapy I haven't done one. I have performed three open heel spur resections however. I'm not worried about it. It's probably a passing fad like the Akin Osteotomy.

Re: Trust me on someone it isn't a passsing fade.

DR. Zuckerman on 8/04/01 at 09:38 (055430)

This isn't a passing fade trust me. If you would to have some help with this just email me at footcare@home.com . I have a solution for you that you are really going to like

Re: interesting note

Richard Perez, DPM on 8/02/01 at 12:08 (055210)

He needs to take a chill pill..

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/02/01 at 14:24 (055225)

What has to happen is a general discussion with the patient about insurance and what the cost is period. Patients are going to get very angry when after the procedure they are told that the insurance won't pay.

I had this discussion about ESWT and the FDA process. I told you over one year ago that it is the patient that is going to suffer due to the Class three six million dollar process that is now required for companies to provide ESWT to the public. Just think Renal lithotripsy is class two and pf/heels spur ESWT is a clas three. Why is that . Who determined this.

The public is the only medium to address this with. Write to the FDA and demand that they take a good look at what the cost of ESWT is and how limited it is due to the hugh expense that companies like healthronics have to spend to bring ESWT into the USA market.

ESWT is a class one if not at the most a class two procedure.

So long as the class three FDA process is there there is going to be a hugh expense to the patient, the insurance companies and the patients won't be able to get non-invasive treatments such as ESWT.

I am told that over one thousand ESWT treatment with the ossatron have been done so far . So lets seen that about two per certified ESWT doctors. Wow!!!!

Change will only come when the public demands it not the doctors.

footpro on 8/04/01 at 09:09 (055428)

We have also had problems getting patients certified for the procedure. I spent roughly 1000 dollars (training / travel) not to mention loss of 2 days of seeing patients in my office to go to the certification / training course in Atlanta. Insurance companies here in the Panhandle of Flroida is not paying for it period. There has been only one company to even consider it and then declined the procedure. Since being certified in May for the therapy I haven't done one. I have performed three open heel spur resections however. I'm not worried about it. It's probably a passing fad like the Akin Osteotomy.

Re: Trust me on someone it isn't a passsing fade.

DR. Zuckerman on 8/04/01 at 09:38 (055430)

This isn't a passing fade trust me. If you would to have some help with this just email me at footcare@home.com . I have a solution for you that you are really going to like