Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

web site writers

Posted by Ed Davis, DPM on 8/02/01 at hrmin (055198)

Scott:

I had mentioned a writers organization in podiatry about a week ago. An article about that organization just was published in the latest edition of APMA News (low and behold). The organization is called APMWA for the American Podiatric Medical Writers Assoc., the president of which is Barry Block, DPM,JD at 718-897-9700. The cost of membership is $50 per year for DPM writers and $25 for non-DPM writers.
Ed

Re: web site writers

Scott R on 8/02/01 at 15:36 (055237)

Dr. Ed, how can I benefit from this organization? I guess I should subscribe to the APMA news. I called and left a message. The machine said the number is out of service until Aug 8 or somthing like that. I'm reluctant to join anything that may try to dictate what I write. Lord knows I used to have rounds with people wanting to advertise.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/02/01 at hrmin (055258)

APMA News may be of some interest though a lot of it is politics, meeting reminders, advertisements. It is not really a scientific journal.

The writers' organization is basically just a support group designed to stimulate interest in writing about foot problems. They do not dictate what you write. One of the reasons that I mentioned them is because they used to issue press badges-- a way to get into meetings at no charge as a 'reporter' or writer. I believe they may still do so. I'll check the number again tommorrow. Dr. Block's email is bblock@prodigy.com
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/03/01 at hrmin (055341)

Tried the telephone number this morning and got the message that it is out of service until 8/7. Try the email. It is a small organization run by an individual who is a podiatrist, lawyer and writer (Barry Block) so it may take some work and patience to chase him down. You may have noticed that people like him, including Lowell Weil are doing a lot of things, probably more than they can handle, so they can be hard to get hold of. Once you do, you will find them to be very interesting to talk to.
Ed

Scott R on 8/02/01 at 15:36 (055237)

Dr. Ed, how can I benefit from this organization? I guess I should subscribe to the APMA news. I called and left a message. The machine said the number is out of service until Aug 8 or somthing like that. I'm reluctant to join anything that may try to dictate what I write. Lord knows I used to have rounds with people wanting to advertise.

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/02/01 at hrmin (055258)

APMA News may be of some interest though a lot of it is politics, meeting reminders, advertisements. It is not really a scientific journal.

The writers' organization is basically just a support group designed to stimulate interest in writing about foot problems. They do not dictate what you write. One of the reasons that I mentioned them is because they used to issue press badges-- a way to get into meetings at no charge as a 'reporter' or writer. I believe they may still do so. I'll check the number again tommorrow. Dr. Block's email is bblock@prodigy.com
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/03/01 at hrmin (055341)

Tried the telephone number this morning and got the message that it is out of service until 8/7. Try the email. It is a small organization run by an individual who is a podiatrist, lawyer and writer (Barry Block) so it may take some work and patience to chase him down. You may have noticed that people like him, including Lowell Weil are doing a lot of things, probably more than they can handle, so they can be hard to get hold of. Once you do, you will find them to be very interesting to talk to.
Ed