Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Diagnosised with TTS

Posted by BethA on 8/03/01 at hrmin (055355)

I was diagnosised with TTS today by my doctor. But from all articles I have read, my symptoms are not the same. Everything I have read shows pain, numbness and tingling in the underneath of the foot.
My symptoms are completely different. I have pain in the upper portion of my calf, in a localized area. No radiating pain down my leg. The pain increases in severity when I am on my feet. The only relief from the pain is when I lay down. I have no pain in my foot at all. I do have numbness in my big toe, the toe adjacent to it and the top of my foot.
Does this sound like TTS?

Re: Diagnosised with TTS

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/03/01 at 18:27 (055376)

Very unlikely that it is TTS. Could be Anterior tibial shin splints. Could be Anterior TTS.
Could be lower back involvement at the level L4 L5 level.
Could be a problem with the Gastronemius muscle which is part of the achilles tendon. So many other options. May need a second opionin for this one.

Dr. David S. Wander on 8/05/01 at 16:54 (055565)

While you are getting the recommended second opinion, make sure the doctor rules out a vascular component to your pain. There may be a vein/varicose vein in the calf that is causing pain while standing. This would also be consistent with the decrease in symptoms when the leg is elevated. Make sure you have a thorough exam.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/03/01 at 18:27 (055376)

Very unlikely that it is TTS. Could be Anterior tibial shin splints. Could be Anterior TTS.
Could be lower back involvement at the level L4 L5 level.
Could be a problem with the Gastronemius muscle which is part of the achilles tendon. So many other options. May need a second opionin for this one.

Dr. David S. Wander on 8/05/01 at 16:54 (055565)

While you are getting the recommended second opinion, make sure the doctor rules out a vascular component to your pain. There may be a vein/varicose vein in the calf that is causing pain while standing. This would also be consistent with the decrease in symptoms when the leg is elevated. Make sure you have a thorough exam.