Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dear tammie

Posted by Laurie R on 8/03/01 at 15:46 (055359)

Dear Tammie ,
By now I sure hope you got in to see your pod. When you have time can you please give is an update on your foot. I felt so bad for you last night . Yes it was funny to a point the way you were typing ,but we knew you were in so much pain.

I'm thinking about you ,let us know......Laurie R

Re: Dear tammie

tammie on 8/03/01 at 16:48 (055362)

I hope this doesnt come up twice as I somehow lost one started, oh well I will try to make this quick I have to get a new script for some pain medication filled in a few min. I am soor I have been taken care of by my dr, the pod lol and forgive me for any thing I may have thought about him as today I seen that he really did care , in any respect after him being very angry finding that I had been doing the stretches and the agressive pt yesterday, which he stated more then once he wanted gentle and only wanted a ultrasound treatment and some sort of other treatment but not any type of stretching at this point, He was certain that this is the cause of the added pain, he um called the pt lady and I think she got a new body , as he ripped on her the office said he was furious, she went against his script, he had it all wrote out I seen and even questioned her about it but she had stated she felt I needed more stretching and agressive therapy, but all said and done I felt good and bad 1 I kinda blame me as I should have not let her continue when I felt pain he said that is not pertaining now (the no pain no gain rule is not in effect at this moment) If it changes he will inform me himself, he said to listen to my body it talks to me if I only would trust myself to hear it! So I feel part to blame I got this pt in some trouble I am sure I feel sad for her but then she should have listened to the dr. order and if had questions consulted him! Oh he was angry. Not at me tho, he apoligised and symithised and said he hopes that all will calm down to a more normal pain level soon, and to just really take it restful for the weekend and to listen to myself do what i need to to be comfortable,if it does not simmer down he will see me on mon. and reacess and see what we can do differently. He did not like what pain med I took last night either,so he gave me something else and told me I should try to do with it but if I cannot to let him know, that I should not have this many sleepless nights,I felt good that he listened and he heard and seen my pain when I called in morning I was first call and I was crying by the time i got off phone I told the nurse I was sorry and that you know I do not call but I think this is serious enough that it is needed she new and was wonderful, so ok I am a jerk maybe he has been the good guy and maybe I have been the stupid patient who did not want to hear, he might have done a few things different then he should have but in the end he was there when I needed him and I am grateful, so maybe this is something for others to learn by. If things are calm and if I am back down to the level of pain I had before and no added i will return to pt on mon. and hopefully it will be worked out as should have been. You know u would have thought there pt place would have called me after he spoke to them to maybe apoligize or inquire about me or just let me know that the drs orders would be followed, but they did not even do this. It sadens me !I would have understood a mistake was made and felt alot better going back but I am a bit leary now. Well friends I need to go I must get to pharmacy before this wears off and I am very tired If i can sleep I will not be on tonight as i am going to make up for a while lol! Thanks as you are all the greatest link to living thru this madness!Im gonna get back on track here I hope! And I do want to say this in case one of the Dr.s might read this I have a better understanding of the frustration u must feel when patients dont apear to listen to u and when u make a order and it is not followed the outcome of what could happen I was lucky , but who was not? Thank u to the Dr.s who do care and who do take time to find out the problem areas and take time to ease there patients pain and fears! I think Dr. Z said once it is ashame that some dr. cant take the extra time not wont cant are forced to have a overload to to insurances and such, I think maybe my doc is one,he came thru for me tho and did take the time today which I am grateful! Ok off this blubbering idiot is going should be ready as I dropped it off on way home. We live in hicks ville tho so always pharmacy is busy, so takes some time ! Goodnight friends and hope that you all enjoy the evening chat wont say I will miss it if I can sleep !!!! Catch up later bye to all!

Laurie R on 8/03/01 at 18:19 (055372)

Thank you so much for this wonderful update. See Tammie people do believe you are in pain. I am so sorry that you had to go through this ,I think it is so terrible that your PT did this to you . It is all of her fault. I was going to a hospital for PT when I first hurt my foot per my pod request .They did the same thing ,they did not follow my Pod orders .I went back to my Pod and told him what happened and he found me the wonderful sports therapy place I go to now. I don't understand why PT think they know more then the doctors.... YOu hang in there and take your pain meds .... I hope you sleep very well tonight . If you still can't sleep I will be on later and I would love to chat with you....

Much love and I hope you feel better fast.....Laurie R

tammie on 8/03/01 at 16:48 (055362)

I hope this doesnt come up twice as I somehow lost one started, oh well I will try to make this quick I have to get a new script for some pain medication filled in a few min. I am soor I have been taken care of by my dr, the pod lol and forgive me for any thing I may have thought about him as today I seen that he really did care , in any respect after him being very angry finding that I had been doing the stretches and the agressive pt yesterday, which he stated more then once he wanted gentle and only wanted a ultrasound treatment and some sort of other treatment but not any type of stretching at this point, He was certain that this is the cause of the added pain, he um called the pt lady and I think she got a new body , as he ripped on her the office said he was furious, she went against his script, he had it all wrote out I seen and even questioned her about it but she had stated she felt I needed more stretching and agressive therapy, but all said and done I felt good and bad 1 I kinda blame me as I should have not let her continue when I felt pain he said that is not pertaining now (the no pain no gain rule is not in effect at this moment) If it changes he will inform me himself, he said to listen to my body it talks to me if I only would trust myself to hear it! So I feel part to blame I got this pt in some trouble I am sure I feel sad for her but then she should have listened to the dr. order and if had questions consulted him! Oh he was angry. Not at me tho, he apoligised and symithised and said he hopes that all will calm down to a more normal pain level soon, and to just really take it restful for the weekend and to listen to myself do what i need to to be comfortable,if it does not simmer down he will see me on mon. and reacess and see what we can do differently. He did not like what pain med I took last night either,so he gave me something else and told me I should try to do with it but if I cannot to let him know, that I should not have this many sleepless nights,I felt good that he listened and he heard and seen my pain when I called in morning I was first call and I was crying by the time i got off phone I told the nurse I was sorry and that you know I do not call but I think this is serious enough that it is needed she new and was wonderful, so ok I am a jerk maybe he has been the good guy and maybe I have been the stupid patient who did not want to hear, he might have done a few things different then he should have but in the end he was there when I needed him and I am grateful, so maybe this is something for others to learn by. If things are calm and if I am back down to the level of pain I had before and no added i will return to pt on mon. and hopefully it will be worked out as should have been. You know u would have thought there pt place would have called me after he spoke to them to maybe apoligize or inquire about me or just let me know that the drs orders would be followed, but they did not even do this. It sadens me !I would have understood a mistake was made and felt alot better going back but I am a bit leary now. Well friends I need to go I must get to pharmacy before this wears off and I am very tired If i can sleep I will not be on tonight as i am going to make up for a while lol! Thanks as you are all the greatest link to living thru this madness!Im gonna get back on track here I hope! And I do want to say this in case one of the Dr.s might read this I have a better understanding of the frustration u must feel when patients dont apear to listen to u and when u make a order and it is not followed the outcome of what could happen I was lucky , but who was not? Thank u to the Dr.s who do care and who do take time to find out the problem areas and take time to ease there patients pain and fears! I think Dr. Z said once it is ashame that some dr. cant take the extra time not wont cant are forced to have a overload to to insurances and such, I think maybe my doc is one,he came thru for me tho and did take the time today which I am grateful! Ok off this blubbering idiot is going should be ready as I dropped it off on way home. We live in hicks ville tho so always pharmacy is busy, so takes some time ! Goodnight friends and hope that you all enjoy the evening chat wont say I will miss it if I can sleep !!!! Catch up later bye to all!

Laurie R on 8/03/01 at 18:19 (055372)

Thank you so much for this wonderful update. See Tammie people do believe you are in pain. I am so sorry that you had to go through this ,I think it is so terrible that your PT did this to you . It is all of her fault. I was going to a hospital for PT when I first hurt my foot per my pod request .They did the same thing ,they did not follow my Pod orders .I went back to my Pod and told him what happened and he found me the wonderful sports therapy place I go to now. I don't understand why PT think they know more then the doctors.... YOu hang in there and take your pain meds .... I hope you sleep very well tonight . If you still can't sleep I will be on later and I would love to chat with you....

Much love and I hope you feel better fast.....Laurie R