Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post-op symptoms

Posted by Maureen S on 8/03/01 at 23:02 (055395)

I recently had TT decompression and PF(3 weeks ago today). I have tenderness in my little toe like it was pinched/crushed by the cast, that has now been loosened. I also feel some numbness there along the lateral side. Is this normal and I still have the stiches in place and my doctor says he like to leave them in sometimes 3-4 weeks. What about infection? when should I start some weight bearing activity, Is it harder to recover by waiting longer? Thanks in advance for your assistance, my physician that I choose is 170 miles away and he was the 4th and best DR for the job.
Maureen

Re: Post-op symptoms

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/04/01 at 06:57 (055420)

Hi,

I am not sure what plan your doctor has for you. It is very important to ask these questions to this doctor. Make sure the cast isn't cutting into the baby toe. You should be able to check this out your self. Not sure exactly what specific type of foot surgery and the extent you had done. So give this office a call and talk to them. They are the best to help you out
with specific post-op instructions.

Re: Post-op symptoms

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/04/01 at 06:57 (055420)

Hi,

I am not sure what plan your doctor has for you. It is very important to ask these questions to this doctor. Make sure the cast isn't cutting into the baby toe. You should be able to check this out your self. Not sure exactly what specific type of foot surgery and the extent you had done. So give this office a call and talk to them. They are the best to help you out
with specific post-op instructions.