Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

post op hammer toe surgery

Posted by linda on 8/04/01 at 02:00 (055413)

its been 5 weeks since surgery. the pin comes out in one week. does it hurt when it is unscrewed, should i have saved some pain pills?

Re: post op hammer toe surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/04/01 at 12:46 (055462)

In most cases no. If sounds like alot of pain but in most cases no pain at all

tara c on 8/09/01 at hrmin (056019)

I am 3 weeks post op and the pin comes out in 2 weeks and I can't wait. I've twisted the pin and even pulled it out a little to check for pain, it didn't hurt at all. I was told be my dr. that there would be some tugging but really no pain. I think you're safe, but take a pain pill prior to going to the dr just in case. That's what I am going to do, if for nothing else but peace of mind. Good luck, please let me know if it hurts, as I will be going thru the same thing in another week after you. Thanks!! Tara

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/04/01 at 12:46 (055462)

In most cases no. If sounds like alot of pain but in most cases no pain at all

tara c on 8/09/01 at hrmin (056019)

I am 3 weeks post op and the pin comes out in 2 weeks and I can't wait. I've twisted the pin and even pulled it out a little to check for pain, it didn't hurt at all. I was told be my dr. that there would be some tugging but really no pain. I think you're safe, but take a pain pill prior to going to the dr just in case. That's what I am going to do, if for nothing else but peace of mind. Good luck, please let me know if it hurts, as I will be going thru the same thing in another week after you. Thanks!! Tara