Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

BLACK CHERRY JUICE

Posted by Donna M on 8/04/01 at 14:49 (055470)

Hi, just wanted to say, I wish everyone using the black cherry juice would post and report on Scott's trial. That way it would be easier to have it all in one place and find out if it is working good for the majority or not. I also read where John said if not refrigerated it would ferment in 10 days. Since I have not been a drinking person in years, maybe I 'should' let mine ferment and get an added benefit!! (Remember the old sisters 'recipe' on the Walton's? hehehe This could be my medicine/recipe!!) :o) (Just kidding!!)
But I would like to know how everyone is doing with it before I decide to drive 'miles' to try and find some!!
Thanks,
Donna

Re: BLACK CHERRY JUICE

Julie on 8/04/01 at 15:00 (055473)

Donna, if you don't want to drive, you can order it on line:

http://www.cherryjuicepower.com/

They offer increasingly generous discounts on increasingly large quantities (ending up with your paying almost nothing per bottle if you order enough for a regiment) but I imagine you'd want to try it first!

Re: It's so TASTY too!

Glenn X on 8/04/01 at hrmin (055482)

Just got delivery on cherry juice today. Took a gulp straight from the bottle (gosh is it tart) and the above quote came to mind. Fits in with JohnH's and Donna's references to fermentation outcomes.

Quote's from a classic 'I Love Lucy' sit-com where she's a pitch-woman for something called VitaMeataVegimen. They're shooting a commercial and after she asks viewers things like 'do you poop out at parties?' blah blah and 'then you need VitaMeataVegimen,' whereon she gulps a tablespooon of it, shudders (It's must be tart) and says 'it's so tasty too.' (I had the same reaction with the cherry juice).

Anyway, Lucy keeps flubbing her lines, keeps gulping more VMV (which obviously has alcohol as an ingredient). Well you've seen it or can imagine. Totally hilarious classic.

Noticed earlier that JohnH has pitched his orange juice in favor of a steady diet of cherry juice. Wonder where he stores his?

Re: It's so TASTY too!/ Hic!/ and..

Donna M on 8/04/01 at 21:19 (055498)

I do well remember the episode you are referring to!!!! I can see her now!! Yeah, does make you wonder where John stores his...hmmmm!!!
Also, thanks for the link Julie! I'll have to keep that so after I get some and try it, I will be able to get it cheaper there!

Re: Black Cherry vs. Tart Cherry

Nancy N on 8/05/01 at 21:24 (055581)

I've noticed that the http://www.cherryjuicepower.com site advertises tart cherry juice. But Scott originally referred to black cherry juice/concentrate, so I am wondering if there is a significant difference in what these two cherry juices do. Obviously, there must be a chemical difference, or they would look and taste the same--anybody have any guesses if they'd function differently?

john h on 8/07/01 at 10:42 (055771)

my wife keeps putting it on the very bottom shelf of the fridg where i almost have to squat down to reach it. i am tempted to let an ounce ferment and check it out. i just received the bottle i ordered from julies URL and will compare it for taste against the Beans & Grains variety.

Re: BLACK CHERRY JUICE

Julie on 8/04/01 at 15:00 (055473)

Donna, if you don't want to drive, you can order it on line:

http://www.cherryjuicepower.com/

They offer increasingly generous discounts on increasingly large quantities (ending up with your paying almost nothing per bottle if you order enough for a regiment) but I imagine you'd want to try it first!

Glenn X on 8/04/01 at hrmin (055482)

Just got delivery on cherry juice today. Took a gulp straight from the bottle (gosh is it tart) and the above quote came to mind. Fits in with JohnH's and Donna's references to fermentation outcomes.

Quote's from a classic 'I Love Lucy' sit-com where she's a pitch-woman for something called VitaMeataVegimen. They're shooting a commercial and after she asks viewers things like 'do you poop out at parties?' blah blah and 'then you need VitaMeataVegimen,' whereon she gulps a tablespooon of it, shudders (It's must be tart) and says 'it's so tasty too.' (I had the same reaction with the cherry juice).

Anyway, Lucy keeps flubbing her lines, keeps gulping more VMV (which obviously has alcohol as an ingredient). Well you've seen it or can imagine. Totally hilarious classic.

Noticed earlier that JohnH has pitched his orange juice in favor of a steady diet of cherry juice. Wonder where he stores his?

Re: It's so TASTY too!/ Hic!/ and..

Donna M on 8/04/01 at 21:19 (055498)

I do well remember the episode you are referring to!!!! I can see her now!! Yeah, does make you wonder where John stores his...hmmmm!!!
Also, thanks for the link Julie! I'll have to keep that so after I get some and try it, I will be able to get it cheaper there!

Re: Black Cherry vs. Tart Cherry

Nancy N on 8/05/01 at 21:24 (055581)

I've noticed that the http://www.cherryjuicepower.com site advertises tart cherry juice. But Scott originally referred to black cherry juice/concentrate, so I am wondering if there is a significant difference in what these two cherry juices do. Obviously, there must be a chemical difference, or they would look and taste the same--anybody have any guesses if they'd function differently?

john h on 8/07/01 at 10:42 (055771)

my wife keeps putting it on the very bottom shelf of the fridg where i almost have to squat down to reach it. i am tempted to let an ounce ferment and check it out. i just received the bottle i ordered from julies URL and will compare it for taste against the Beans & Grains variety.