Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks for the hello

Posted by Maureen S on 8/05/01 at 00:23 (055508)

Hello Laurie R, Julie, Steve P, Judy S, John H, Wendy N, Clara, Tammie, And Mary S, and everyone else out there reading this message.

I look forward to all your thoughtfulness and concern that you share with eachother. I am glad that I found this site. I believe that it can give me alot of encouragement along the way. Again thanks for all the warm greetings and look forward reading and contributing to this board often.

Maureen

Re: Thanks for the hello

Mary S. on 8/05/01 at 20:35 (055572)

Maureen--You have found the greatest support group ever on this board!! I had surgery on May 25 and could not have made it through the really bad times without these great people.
It really helps to be able to verbalize what you are experiencing and know that there are people who can relate and share with you. The doctors are also wonderful about answering your questions.
I go back to work Wed. I am much better but still have a long way to go. I haven't been on the board in a long time as I have been on the go a good bit. When I do come in for a landing, I elevate and ice alot.
This is the time to really take care of yourself!!! Folks on the board would tell me that this is a slow process, and are they right!! Someone here suggested massage for the foot and that has been one of the best things that I have done for myself, that my husband and mother have done for me, rather. Not deep painful massage, but gentle to moderate.
I sincerely wish you well and promise that as long and drawn out as the tough times may seem--there are brighter days ahead.
Take care and hugs to you! Mary S.

Mauren S on 8/06/01 at 02:41 (055600)

Again thanks for the warm welcome. I have just loved all the wonderful things that people have shared, they have truely given of themselves to others. I look forward to this message board every time I sit down at the computer. I wish you the best of luck as you return to work and let us know how it goes we all I'm sure will be thinking of you. If you have aol IM my name is mosalazar.

Again good luck and take care
Maureen

Mary S. on 8/05/01 at 20:35 (055572)

Maureen--You have found the greatest support group ever on this board!! I had surgery on May 25 and could not have made it through the really bad times without these great people.
It really helps to be able to verbalize what you are experiencing and know that there are people who can relate and share with you. The doctors are also wonderful about answering your questions.
I go back to work Wed. I am much better but still have a long way to go. I haven't been on the board in a long time as I have been on the go a good bit. When I do come in for a landing, I elevate and ice alot.
This is the time to really take care of yourself!!! Folks on the board would tell me that this is a slow process, and are they right!! Someone here suggested massage for the foot and that has been one of the best things that I have done for myself, that my husband and mother have done for me, rather. Not deep painful massage, but gentle to moderate.
I sincerely wish you well and promise that as long and drawn out as the tough times may seem--there are brighter days ahead.
Take care and hugs to you! Mary S.

Mauren S on 8/06/01 at 02:41 (055600)

Again thanks for the warm welcome. I have just loved all the wonderful things that people have shared, they have truely given of themselves to others. I look forward to this message board every time I sit down at the computer. I wish you the best of luck as you return to work and let us know how it goes we all I'm sure will be thinking of you. If you have aol IM my name is mosalazar.

Again good luck and take care
Maureen