Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

3 months post-op..

Posted by Kevin on 8/06/01 at hrmin (055595)

hello,

I have surgery 3+ months ago on both feet to remove over-grown bone on the back of my heals. This was a result from skating a lot. I have skated a few times recently and it feel better then before, but my ankle(s) are still sore, especially the right one. I am trying to start working out and getting in shape for the upcoming season, but it I run or workout I usually have to take a few days off before I can resume working out, and they are still usually sore. Even after sitting for a while they are sore. Is this normal? anything I can do to help it? Its starting to get frustrating because I need to start training. Thanks.

Kevin Miller

Re: 3 months post-op..

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/06/01 at hrmin (055647)

Skating is usually not a cause of excess bone growing on the back of the heels. You may need a course of physical therapy/rehab in order to regain strength and flexibility. Also, any biomechanical deficits such as a tight achilles tendon or rearfoot varus (tilt of the heel bone allowing it to roll in too much) need to be addressed.
Ed

Re: 3 months post-op..

Ed Davis, DPM on 8/06/01 at hrmin (055647)

Skating is usually not a cause of excess bone growing on the back of the heels. You may need a course of physical therapy/rehab in order to regain strength and flexibility. Also, any biomechanical deficits such as a tight achilles tendon or rearfoot varus (tilt of the heel bone allowing it to roll in too much) need to be addressed.
Ed